“Not Impressed”
Review of Rossmore Hotel

Rossmore Hotel
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Ilford
Reviewed 3 June 2014

When deciding to travel to Ilford UK at the last minute, I decided to try the Rossmore Hotel. If all you need is a bed, shower and can lock the door...this is your place...if you're looking for comfort, space to move about, modern day luxuries or peace and quiet, this isn't your place. The bed and dresser was very old and outdated. The customer service was ok but over all this will not be considered a place I'd like to visit ever again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank EmsWorld2013

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good breakfast and great cleaning staff but hotel awful. Dated damaged furniture cheap broken fixtures and fittings, bar un manned, Showers broken, toilet flush poor, tiles in bathroom patched poorly, Broken sockets, no bulbs in lamps over beds, need I add more

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014

check in quick, reception nice. got told room was in house across the road (weird) but receptionist took us across and room was ok. it was clean and that was all i was bothered about! comfy bed and pillows. good tv and storage. big and spacious. only bad thing was bathroom - shower was merely a dribble of water and cold and leaked !!!! sink vile as water seemed to come back up the plug hole (ew) toilet ok. bit far out on the tube but on central line so ok...for £39 for one night who can grumble!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I needed somewhere , North London, ish.for an overnight stay, so did the usual computer "lap top search". The hotel/accommodation "fielding agents" who offer stays with "up to 60% off", all offered the same price for the Hotel. Each promised the lowest price, but they all where within £1-00p of each other.- All around the £50-00p per night.
I contacted the hotel- spoke to a very pleasant "operative", who advised me of a much lower price, for the same accommodation.
The result- I paid what I believe is the lowest price, for a single room, breakfast and overnight parking for my vehicle.
The Hotel.- On a busy North London Road. Free parking. Close to a wide range of Shops/bars/restaurants/ Take Aways. Opposite a big park- trees/grass- boating lake.
The room- A single, well decorated, comfortable clean bed. Wardrobe, sink. Shared shower/toilet. Very clean.- Free Internet, in the rooms.
Hotel bar/restaurant- Spacious- pleasant aspects.
Staff- Quick check in. Polite- very pleasant. Very approachable.
Overall/ summary. - I booked over the phone. Got an excellent price. THEN- horrors, I looked on this site at the reviews. Thought- this is possibly an awful place to stay!!!. Completely wrong- Its absolutely fine.
I did have massive reservations about , even coming to the Rossmore....thought "I'll cancel, lose my monies, and go elsewhere.!"
For the price I paid- I believe I "got a great deal".
Question- Would I stay at the Rossmore again? - easy answer "Yep- no problem!"

The

Room Tip: Telephone the Hotel- think you may well get "the best price". All the Hotel booking agents...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I booked a double room With flat screen TV but upon checking in was led to the house round the corner. We went in and were immediately hit by the smell of damp and mould. Our room upstairs was a good size but that was the only good thing about it! There were large cracks in in two of the walls, the quilt had stains that looked like blood, there was a wardrobe (minus the doors), no bedside table or lamp and only two sockets for the whole room but the most alarming feature were the two mousetraps along the skirting board under the radiator! Now let me start on the shower room (or should I say small cupboard)! The shower door did not shut so water went all over floor but I used both of the small towels they provided as mats as that was all they were fit for. The water pressure was non existent - it just dribbled out., the glass shelf over the sink immediately fell off its fittings and would not hold anything, the toilet seat was loose and the cistern constantly filled all night long and so hardly slept. The net curtain at the window was filthy dirty and looked like someone had used it as toilet paper! All in all the worse place I have ever had to stay at and although yes it was cheap it still wasn't wasn't worth it apart from the full English breakfast which was its only redeeming feature. I did complain at the time that I wasn't happy at staying in the annexe and was just met with a grumpy "we are busy"! They should point this out when you book and then you would be able to make your own choice as to whether you wanted to stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Rossmore! And if you do, god help you if you are put in the annexe! Pay a bit...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank natsnan
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We was put in an Annexe across the road from the Hotel, and could not believe it when we saw it, The hallway as you entered had a horrible smell, and when we entered the room it was not any better, the carpet was stained and smelly. The beds where covered in stains and had cigarette burn marks on the Matresses, The best places for these beds where the local Tip. The TV looked like it had come off Noahs Ark it was that old and had no remote so you could not use it. We had paid for two nights, but we just cut our losses and left after one. Please don't waste you money on this place spend a little more and stay at a Premier Inn or just sleep in your car in the street as it would be more comfortable. Please take note of all the bad reviews, they are there for a reason, I wish I had read them before booking through Bookit.com

Room Tip: Don't bother. book elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces