“Adequate”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Ilford
West Yorkshire
“Adequate”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed 3 nights in early August 2014. We were given one room in the hotel and one room across the street in the house annex, splitting up our family. The next night were given the 2nd room in the hotel and it was very near our first room.
The rooms were satisfactory, fair amount of road noise for the room at the front of the hotel.
The staff at reception were helpful and trying hard.
I was assured there were security cameras at the front of the hotel but could not see them at all.
The full English breakfast was good as were the catering staff. Pure orange juice was available.
We left the car parked here and there was no problem with it.
We used Gants Hill tube station which is about 1 mile up the road and from there it took about 25 minutes to reach the tourist sites.
We used a day rover travel card for 1 child and oyster cards for the 3 adults and 1 child.
There is a lovely park across the road (Valentines park, Ilford) which is very pleasant for jogging, long walks, tennis and children's rides.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hi, I'd like to share with you our experience. When arriving late Friday 18th July we checked in and paid for both nights we got shown to our room.... So she took us thought the hall, through the bar, out the fire exit, through the big metal car park gates and started walking us down the street to what looked like a trampy house. When I asked where I was being taken I was told to my room! It was all the way down the other end of the street. She disappeared very quickly. So I went back to the hotel (where my car was) as I need to get my clothes and outfits as we were attending a wedding I asked if there was another room... NO..... I said I wasn't happy, it didn't say this on the website, so he gave me a different room (next to reception) it was very small, very cramp and very hot. We was told we would be moved again for the next night. So we agreed.
We went to open the window (the curtains were closed!) and it looked out into a conservatory where it was full of boxes and a bit of a utility room. There was more heat coming from there. So we had to shut it again. The Bed was on 3/4 in size and the wardrobe wouldn't even fit my coat hanger in with my dress on.
My opinion of this hotel is.... Well we booked somewhere else and didn't even stay there. So that's my opinion.
I hope this has helped you x

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel is my tip
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KerryB1319

Travellers are raving about these Ilford hotels

Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My experience at the Rossmore Hotel was appalling. Room not in hotel up the road. The smell on entering this hotel was of stale caravans. The rooms (we had two) both had mouse traps in them. The shower cubicle was mouldy around the bottom and the other room the water did not drain properly from the shower. The connector to the television aerial was bare wires. You could not fill kettle from tap in basin in bathroom had to cup it in. Had to plug in kettle and put on floor as lead did not reach desk top. No spoons were provided to make tea or coffee. The bar is a joke - the pumps on top are fake and just chillers at back very limited to what was available. Everything about the hotel was very very dated and dilapidated. Room extremely hot and the road noise well you could not sleep properly at all. BEWARE hotel security cameras are just for show, our car was hit in the car park and the hotel staff not at all helpful and just fobbed us off with could not see anything from security cameras. YOUR CAR IS NOT SAFE IN CAR PARK.

Room Tip: Don't go here
Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen V
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

When deciding to travel to Ilford UK at the last minute, I decided to try the Rossmore Hotel. If all you need is a bed, shower and can lock the door...this is your place...if you're looking for comfort, space to move about, modern day luxuries or peace and quiet, this isn't your place. The bed and dresser was very old and outdated. The customer service was ok but over all this will not be considered a place I'd like to visit ever again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank EmsWorld2013
Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good breakfast and great cleaning staff but hotel awful. Dated damaged furniture cheap broken fixtures and fittings, bar un manned, Showers broken, toilet flush poor, tiles in bathroom patched poorly, Broken sockets, no bulbs in lamps over beds, need I add more

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

check in quick, reception nice. got told room was in house across the road (weird) but receptionist took us across and room was ok. it was clean and that was all i was bothered about! comfy bed and pillows. good tv and storage. big and spacious. only bad thing was bathroom - shower was merely a dribble of water and cold and leaked !!!! sink vile as water seemed to come back up the plug hole (ew) toilet ok. bit far out on the tube but on central line so ok...for £39 for one night who can grumble!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple