“Great value Hotel”
Review of St. Georgio Hotel

St. Georgio Hotel
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Ilford
Reviewed 27 April 2012

The staff at this hotel were very friendly and the room very clean and spacious.I booked a room with a spa bath which was very relaxing and to get a similar room in central London would cost at least double. Transportation links are good as it is next to Gants Hill tube station and you can be in central London in 20mins.All in all a pleasant Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank budgieIpswich
There are newer reviews for St. Georgio Hotel

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed at the hotel as had a Hen Do nearby. Hotel was dated and in desperate need of modernisation. Hotel reception was clean and the bar looked good although I didnt try it. The (male ) receptionist was friendly and very helpful. The women however were rude and abrupt and looked right through you when you spoke to them. The hotel corridors had awful, dated carpet and a really bad smell throughout. The hotel room was tiny, bathroom was modern and very clean but the room needed decorating! Whilst i understand that the hotel is probably soley for people going out and about local, the noise was unbearable, slamming and banging of doors all night. Music from the club. Dont expect to sleep if you stay here..!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed for one night as I was going to a party in the area and I was very impressed. The room was very clean and tidy and the staff were very friendly. The breakfast was nice and well presented. The only downside was that my room faced onto the street and was noisy when the people were leaving the night club but as long as you take earplugs, it's not a problem. Ignore the negative reviews about this hotel, I had a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Take earplugs with you just in case you are put into a front room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2012

If you possibly can avoid this hotel at all coasts.... dirty, noisy and generally awful

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dance48
stgeorgio, Manager at St. Georgio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Sirs, first of all we would like to apologise for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay at St Georgio Hotel. We would like to confirm that St Georgio Hotel has professional cleaners and our rooms and premises are inspected on a daily basis by a professional Head Housekeeper before any arrivals. At St Georgio Hotel we always strive to provide our customers with a high standard of service and I am sorry that on this occasion we have failed to achieve this.

Once again, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience and if you wish to discuss these issues further, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

OVERALL: I have stayed in St Georgio a few times now as it is next to faces nightclub which is where I was going.. However not the best place to stay if you are planning to get drunk. The nightporters are very strict and don't let you bring any one else into the room and are very demanding about noise levels. However if you are a couple or a family wanting a quiet night its still loud with all the clubbers next door.

FOOD: The breakfast was not great at all. And we went to get something else from there bar to be told they don't serve food on Sundays..

ROOM: The first time we stayed here we had a horrible little room that was dirty and had the tinyest TV ever with no freeview. The next time we got put in a better room with wooden floor and a bigger TV with freeview.

PARKING: The parking is limited however it is free round the back.

STAFF: The staff were friendly enough - However the nightporters were very moody!

If you want a good night in faces and want to carry on the party back at the hotel then DO NOT STAY HERE.. But other than that its ok.. =)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2012

read the reviews and went with open mind and found the staff very pleasant and nothing too much trouble - upgraded to a superior room which was very clean with everything anyone could need included - breakfast was well cooked and presented with coffee tea and juices - car parking at rear of hotel under the security cameras and we vacated our room at times shown but asked if we could leave the car as we intented going into the city answer was of course you can - train into central london 40 mins and 2 min walk to station - if you are looking for a good standard hotel with pleasant staff and value plus then this is the hotel for you - as they say in the movies "we will be back"

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fpmkay
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I needed to come to London for a business meeting on very short notice in Wanstead at 9am and was only here for 1 night so booked this hotel in a rush as it was one of the only closest hotels available. I'm normally a bit fussy with where I stay and have tended to stay in big name chain hotels in the UK or higher rated as at least I would know what to expect; well I think that may change from here on out. I got a bargain deal as it was short notice and did not expect much. I checked in pretty late; at 6.30pm and just needed somewhere to stay. The staff here were very friendly and accomodating and were happy to provide me with information on local restaurants as well as reserving a parking space for me at the back of the hotel.
The room was decent, could do with a bit of modernisation in their décor as the furniture looks a bit dated but overall, it was clean and warm. The bed was nice and comfortable and I had a good nights sleep and en-suite was good enough for a quick shower. Breakfast was lovely and started nice and early with many varieties of food on offer. The only problem I had was the location of the actual hotel; it did not seem very safe and I'm glad that I was driving as I wouldn't want to be walking around the area at night.
Overall, I think that hotel was nice enough and best bit was the bargain price I'd got for the room.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilford
Best Western London Ilford Hotel
Park Hotel
#10 of 15 in Ilford
Travelodge London Ilford
Holiday Inn Express London-Newbury Park

Been to St. Georgio Hotel? Share your experiences!