“Beware of the nightclub outside! ”
Review of St. Georgio Hotel

St. Georgio Hotel
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Ilford
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Beware of the nightclub outside! ”
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Although the price might be tempting the hotel is not wirth a stay. The room was poorly equipped. The TV only recognised the existence of BBC channels and nothing else. The beds were uncomfortable but the worst problem by a mile was that the hotel is on top of a nightclub. The noise was unbearable. The double glazed windows could not stop any of the noise. The next morning we asked if we could change the room, only to be told it was fully booked... It didn't seem fullybooked by any stretch of the imagination. The breakfast was ok and stuff we requested was brought up fairly quickly. But a room you can't even sleep in is not a room.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank ArsalanZuberi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Driving past we couldn't see the hotel. Once we parked in the designated spaces we were then told by hotel staff we weren't allowed to park and would be clamped. After our first altercation were were then directed to our room which needed a lot of work. It was dated, wallpaper peeling off the walls with a creaky, uncomfortable bed. The room - including the bathroom - was run down. The hotel is situated next to a nightclub so don't expect a good nights sleep as we were woken up at 2am with screaming, shouting and drunken fights outside our window. By 8am we were suddenly woken up by a fire alarm which the staff didn't acknowledge or apologise for. Overall; the worst hotel we have every stayed in. Certainly NOT a 3 star - wouldn't even give it 1 star!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mermaid2727

Travellers are raving about these Ilford hotels

Reviewed 16 April 2014

hello,
First of all I want to thank you on the warm, really I feel family.
I also thank Mamoud, Gina, Kadija and all the teams to help you carry me to easily find my itineraries and for that I have a wonderful stay.
good service and very clean.
I will come back next time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Stgeorgio, General Manager at St. Georgio Hotel, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stay in a lot of hotels due to my work, the hotel had said there was parking and when I arrived the few spaces they had were allocated so I had to park my car down the road in an open carpark and walk back to the hotel on my own in the evening when I arrived.

I stayed in my room for the evening as just planned on an early night and after I had used the bathroom the smell of sewerage that came from the room was literally awful, it lasted all evening. I didn't complain as to be honest I didn't want the hassle of moving rooms so late so just didn't flush the toilet and tried to not run the water and shut the door.

In the morning I went to have a shower to find that within a few minutes the water was running cold! I had to wash my hair in cold water which is not a pleasant way to start the day. I didn't complain in the morning as I was tight in time and emailed the hotel when I returned home. They have denied any problems with smells and did not refund me the money as requested. I am afraid i would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Rachael T
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I really had a fantastic experience in this hotel. The staff were very kind and helpful and my room was clean. On the second day, the manager gave us a especial room with a white wine as a present for our wedding event. It was really a surprise and kindness of her!
I want to say thank you to the smart lady manager for that and I hope she will be happy and healthy forever!!!
And thank you for the staff who were very responsible and well- coming.

All the best,

Mehran

Room Tip: I recommend to book rooms on third floor opposite side of street!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 01July13b
Dear Sirs,

On behalf of all staff at St Georgio Hotel we would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review.
It is a real pleasure to read your comments and I'm delighted to hear you are enjoying your stay here at St Georgio hotel every time you book with us.
Your great feedback has already been share with the whole hotel team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel while in London on business and must say I was rather disappointed. The first thing to is try to find a parking space which can be very difficult if you arrive after 6pm. The room was on the lines of a bedsit room with clean but stained carpets and walls, the bed was hard and lumpy and the furniture is on its very last legs and to be honest just being in the room made me feel dirty. The staff however are very pleasant and helpful and went way and beyond to help. This hotel is perfectly good if you are happy with the above and is very reasonably priced for the area in which it is located and I can see its popularity with contractors who are digging in the London area on a budget and that in a nutshell is the market for this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Demetrios C
Stgeorgio, General Manager at St. Georgio Hotel, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Mr Demetrios,

First I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay, we have searched in our database for your details in order for us to contact you and deal with your above comments however we couldn't find your details in our system. With respect to some of your comments I would like to confirm that our Car Park Facilities that the hotel is providing to our Customers is free of charge with Limited Spaces as advertised. The hotel is providing accommodation for leisure and business and our rooms are clean, inspected on a daily basis by professional trained staff.
Please contact us directly in order for us to deal with your above comments.
Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We have stayed at St Georgio hotel for three nights and it was an average experience. The staff was very helpful, there is a free parking place and the tube station is just few steps away from hotels entrance.
Our room was big enough and clean but there was a very bad smell through our staying. We have been told from the staff that it was a result of the cleaning procedure but we can say that it wasn't a pleasant smell :(
Also the breakfast of the hotel is average.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Varnavas V
Stgeorgio, General Manager at St. Georgio Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Sirs,

We would like to thank you for your comments.

Christina Stanila
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilford
Best Western Greater London Hotel
#2 of 15 in Ilford
Park Hotel
Park Hotel
#10 of 15 in Ilford

Been to St. Georgio Hotel? Share your experiences!