St. Georgio Hotel
Lucky 8 Hotel(Ilford)(Great Value!)
US$52
Park Hotel(Ilford)
US$64
US$44
Travelocity
Best Western Greater London Hotel(Ilford)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$51
Travelocity
US$77
Travelodge
All reviewstube stationcentral linegants hillbring earplugsrooms are cleanwould stay againlimited parkingvisit londoncentral londonkitchenettetubeszonestratford
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel is well located, very close to Gants Hill underground station (we could reach most of the tourist attractions in the centre within 30 minutes). Great receptionists - polite, friendly and helpful. We got a free upgrade to a comfortable room with some useful kitchen facilities, they also arranged a cheap taxi transfer to the airport for us. The room was cleaned every day. We enjoyed a really good selection at breakfast. When we are in London again, we will come back to Saint Georgio Hotel with pleasure.

Room Tip: Choose bigger rooms if there are three of you ( Regular doubles or or twins are too small for adding one extra bed)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Stgeorgio, Operation Manager at St. Georgio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
I was very glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and our staff could assist with all your queries in a polite manner.
I hope you do give us a chance of welcoming you back on your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

...ask for a quiet room away from the nightclub unless of course you're clubbing in which case you won't mind the noise until 3am. Apart from this the decor is a little dated but hotel very clean, good selection at breakfast and great location for trains/underground. Staff very pleasant and helpful. I would stay again but only if a quiet room available. No air con. Don't know if that applies to all rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back will be quieter. The hotel itself isn't noisy - but the surrounding area - double glazing blocks out a lot of the noise but with no air con and a very hot weekend we had to have the windows open at least part of the night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for for review.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and our staff were able to assist you with all your queries. Also please accept my apologies in regards to the noise from nightclub however we are located in a vibrant area.

I would also like to confirm that we do have air conditioning rooms so please contact the hotel direct to make any future booking and they will be able to assist in allocating a room with air conditioning and a quiet room for you.

I hope you give us a chance of welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The first bad sign we got from this hotel was they wouldn't provide/even recommend any transportation from the airport to their hotel.
We found a way of transportation online by ourselves, granted we've never been to England before so a little help from the hotel would've been nice. But whatever, we managed.
Secondly, once we arrived from a long 10 hour flight, the receptionist would not let us check into our room until 2 PM... we got there at 10AM. He made us wait in their lounge, which may I add smelt bad.. like stale food. It was just a very inconsiderate situation because we told the hotel the time more or less of our arrival and they didn't tell us we weren't aloud to get our room till 2.
As for the room itself, it's honestly very nice for what you pay for. Very spacious and clean which is what is most important. I know many people have had problems with noise from outside but our room was fine thankfully. If you still decide to book this hotel after this review be sure to mention you want a quiet room.
The location of the hotel is..alright. Gants Hill is pretty much a no-mans land. It's very dead most of the time apart from the nightclubs that surround this hotel. There's a few restaurants near but to be honest they didn't look appetizing. However, It's just a minute walk from the tube station which is GREAT and very vital to have. Although the location is far from central london it's very easy to get wherever you want in London as Gants Hill is located on the central line.
The worst part of all, and the main reason why I'm only giving this hotel 2 stars was primarily because of the staff. They were all very rude and unwelcoming. No one helps you with your luggage even if you're disabled. They will just watch. It was unbelievable.
There's complimentary breakfast every morning, but after the first two times we didn't even bother in going because the food is disgusting, even the coffee. We were told breakfast ended at 11AM but some days they decide to end it at 10AM and they would kick everyone out of the breakfast room even if you're still eating.
So all in all, if you want to save money, don't care about how you're treated, and will happily eat gross food then this is a good hotel for you I guess.
Oh and by the way, if you have work to do on your computer or whatever, don't bother. The wifi connection is absolutely AWFUL and constantly shuts off. And you only get a connection in their lounge, which like I said before smells really bad. And they turn the air conditioning off even when there's people there...

Room Tip: When booking, mention that you want a room on the quiet side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank isabellecharaf

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to learn of your disappointment.
I understand that you arrived at the hotel earlier than our check in time which is 2 pm. We do try our level best to provide our guest with an early check in however on that occasion we did not have any rooms available because of being fully booked a day earlier.

I am dismayed to read your comments regarding breakfast,staff and internet which did not meet up to your expectation.I can personally assure you that this is not the high standards which we pride ourselves in. I only wish you had informed us of your concerns at the time as we would have done our utmost to rectify this for you. Nevertheless please be assured that your comments have been taken on board.

I was glad to hear that you found our rooms clean and spacious.

I hope you treat this as a one off experience and give us a chance to welcome you back. Please do contact me direct to discuss your concerns more in details and to make sure that we have a nice room as per your preference allocated for you for your next visit.

Kind regards,

St Georgio Hotel

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This really was a last minute booking so I was expecting the worst as usually the cheapest options left are pretty poor. But what a pleasant surprise. The greeting at reception was very friendly, got a free upgrade to a very nice, clean, pleasant room. It wasn’t huge but was just fine. Newly decorated and well prepared. This room had a small cooker and microwave but I don’t know if that is standard. The menu choice isn’t huge but I had a pie and mash which was excellent – and a really good price – you won’t get cheaper anywhere close. Service was good an friendly
Location is good being literally a minute from the tube station (and this far up the line you can be sure of a seat in the morning rush hour!). This will definitely be on my preferred list when staying close to London.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Stgeorgio, Operation Manager at St. Georgio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards
Christina Stanila
St Georgio hotel

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had a 30 minute tube ride to central London but saved over $800 by staying there. We were pleased with the trade off. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful. We felt safe there. The tube stop is just down the street on the corner. We are used to more luxurious digs in the US but since the exchange rate hurts so badly we were very happy to save money with a clean, safe, utilitarian hotel. We would stay there again. This hotel is in Zone 4.

Room Tip: It is down the street from a very loud night club on Friday and Saturday nights only. Ask for a quiet room in the back if you will be there those nights.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil F
Stgeorgio, Operation Manager at St. Georgio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Mr Phil F,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such nice review about your previous stay with us.
I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant experience with us. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards