“Family Reunion”

Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Overall the hotel was great, good customer service, very welcoming team and a quiet room, apart from one hiccup, down to other guests, which the staff sorted out very quickly. Breakfast was good as was the service. If we are in the area again we will stay here.

A,S & S

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Aundrea H
TeamLeader M, Team Leader at Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Dear Aundrea H,
Thank you very much for your lovely review and kind words.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us in October 2011 and I also want to apologeise for the disruption caused by the behaviour of some guests staying in the hotel.
I consider myself very lucky to have such a fantastic team that managed to turn your negative experience into a positive one.
I have passed your comments on to my staff and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Kind Regards, Sarah Sherlock Team Leader

Reviewed 24 August 2011

The hotel team here are wonderful. Amy, Natalie, Sarah, can't do enough for you. Friendly, attentive, professional. I have given it only 4 out of 5 because the pub/restaurant next door is somewhat disappointing. Good spread for breakfast, and excellent porridge but then three days on the run did not have something I asked for: it says "soya milk by request" on the menu, but three days on the run, no soya milk (and there's a Morrison's just down the road, they could have got it for the next day at least). Also the tables in the restaurant are not cleaned properly (mine was sticky every day of the four days I ate there). Also, the hotel could do with updating their TVs - flat screen with DVD player next time please! Definitely recommended if you want good service, clean room, comfy bed, power shower with plenty of hot water. But go into Wilmslow, just down the road, for breakfast and meals, there are plenty of good eateries. Also free internet would be a good plus - cost me 20 pounds for one week.

Room Tip: Ask for one not overlooking the walkway to the restaurant - can get a bit noisy at night. I was on...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Cathy P
Wilmslow_GM, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. The team and myself are delightedto hear that you enjoyed your stay at Manchester Wilmslow Premier Inn. I have passed your feedback to our Restaurant Partners to investigate. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Anne Marie Sowerby General Manager

Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed here for one night to attend a family party nearby. The staff were welcoming on arrival and the check in was problem free. Our room was the usual Premier Inn style, clean and everthing in working order.

The breakfast in the adjoining pub was what you would expect, the fruit salad was fresh, yogurt chilled, the full breakfast was OK apart from my husband's scrambled eggs which left a large amount of water on the plate. The waiting staff were pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and for your feedback about the Hotel, I have passed your feedback onto Restaurant Partner's. I look forward to your next visit, Kind regards. Anne Marie Sowerby General Manager

Reviewed 22 August 2011

Room was excellent, especially the fact that it was cool rather than (like most hotels) overheated, and with a window open when we arrived. Comfortable beds and spacious room, no problems.

Only complaint was arriving for breakfast a few minutes after nine to find it had ended at nine with no options. Had to go to nearby Holiday Inn for breakfast where they were serving until 10.00 like most hotels I stay in.

The hotel has no facilities other than breakfast but I wasn't expecting any and didn't need any.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Manchester Premier Inn. I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards. Anne Marie Sowerby General Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2011

we returned for a second time as we had enjoyed our previous stay associated with an early morning Manchester flight. We had a lovely meal in the Thai restaurant however our night was spoiled by other noisy guests. The Premier Inn Good Night guarantee ensured a full refund and impeccable customer service. Thank you Premier Inn.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Wilmslow_GM, General Manager at Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Manchester Wilmslow Premier Inn Kind regards, Anne Marie Sowerby General Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2011

Have stayed several times at this Premier Inn due its proximity to family. Never fails to provide a comfortable stop-over. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and those at the back are very quiet. Plenty of parking. Excellent food (thai) at adjacent pub. Only suggestion would be the TV is a bit dated compared to other Premier Inns and the mattress is quite hard. Have only had one bad night with noisy guests arriving during night from airport and clearly partying in the room above (not the fault of the Premier Inn) - and to the credit of the staff they acted immediately, dealing with the problem, and the good night sleep guarantee was homoured the next mornign without question. I would not hesitate booking here or recommending to others.

Room Tip: Rooms at back are very quiet
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as they endeavour to give all our guests a high level of service . I look forward to welcoming you back to the Manchester Wilmslow Premier Inn Kind regards Anne Marie Sowerby General Manager

Reviewed 19 August 2011

I stayed here in late July with a dozen relatives who were in Wilmslow for a family celebration nearby. The Premier Inn suited our purposes very well and at £29 per night the room rate was indeed great value. It is in a pleasant wooded location, with plenty of parking space and adjacent to a pub with a superb Thai restaurant. The level of traffic noise at night is low and the bedrooms seem to be adequately soundproofed as I heard nothing from the next rooms. My room was very clean with comfortable beds and the bathroom had a powerful shower.
The pub offered a choice of 3 types of breakfast. I was satisfied with the price and quality of the full cooked breakfast. However, the rather dark ambience of the dining room, which is also the Thai restaurant, was more suited to evening meals than morning time.
Our party dined one night in the Thai restaurant. I was very impressed with this meal: wide choice, excellent and plentiful food and very good value altogether.
The staff at reception were all most welcoming, courteous and helpful. I would not hesitate to recommend this Premier Inn to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Wilmslow I look forward to welcoming you back at Manchester Wilmslow Premier Inn. Kind regards, Anne Marie Sowerby General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
The Wilmslow Lodge
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
3 mi away
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South

Been to Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel? Share your experiences!