“Fantastically friendly staff”

Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed here for one night, the location was ideal for us as it was near to where we had an appointment the next day. Staff very friendly, the young guy on reception was very helpful when we asked for extra tea and milk. Dinner not that special, we ordered scampi which was quite well done but edible. The fish was very very well done and would have been hard to eat. No problem in getting a new one though. Room very clean, bed most comfortable. Pillows were better than ours at home. Breakfast the next morning was good, better than dinner. Lady who served us was brilliant very happy and full of smiles. We would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: October 2013
TeamLeader M, Team Leader at Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Janealicia, thank you for your lovely feedback on our hotel. The staff here will be very pleased to hear that you had such a great stay with us. As always, I will make sure I pass on the comments regarding your meal next door to their management team, I'm sure they will be equally as grateful for the feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Unpleasant stay but not typical of my usual experience at a Premier Inn. Room smelt and decor was very tired. Restaurant food choice really poor and service standard needs improving as it was nothing special.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Neil S
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We often stay at this hotel when attending football matches in Manchester. Sometimes the cost is only £29 for the room and at those sort of prices you really can't complain. The hotel is set in a quiet area on the outskirts of Wilmslow next door to a pub which hardly ever seems to have anyone in it. The pub is also used for breakfasts (at extra cost) which are generally good value and with their eat as much as you like approach keeps us going for most of the day.

Inside, the hotel is pretty standard for a Premier Inn. There's nothing particularly remarkable about it but neither is there anything particularly nasty about it. You can sometimes hear people moving about in the rooms upstairs but that's not an uncommon problem wherever you are. The TV is adequate but a little small and likewise with the bathroom. One thing that was a bit of a pain is that the shower head is quite low and fixed in place so anyone over about 5 foot 4 needs to stoop to shower. The beds are large and perfectly comfortable although I always seem to struggle to get the right combination of pillows so maybe i'll start taking my own!

If you need an overnight stop that's convenient to Manchester or its airport then you could probably do worse than this place.

1  Thank HighWycombeTraveller
TeamLeader M, Team Leader at Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

'HighWycombeTraveller', thank you for your feedback.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, however, here at Wilmslow we strive to provide our guests with an outstanding level of service and accommodation. With that in mind, I would like to apologise for causing you to feel as though we have not lived up to that standard. We are constantly improving our site and service and we hope that next time we can exceed your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed as a family with 2 children. The hotel was clean and very quiet at night. The hotel staff were really friendly and helpful as was the waiter at breakfast time in the restaurant. The centre of Wilmslow has a relaxed atmosphere and a great choice of places to eat in the evening.

2  Thank ChippenhamLewis
TeamLeader M, Team Leader at Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

I can't thank you enough for your brilliant review of our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently taking 3 rooms for my husband and myself, his parents and my parents. Our parents are all in their 80s and my in-laws needed the disabled room as they are not very mobile.

On the whole we were all very pleased indeed with the hotel and the reception staff who were friendly and helpful right from the start. Rooms were a very good size and very clean and tidy, we had no problems with noise either inside or outside the hotel despite being on the ground floor and near to reception.

There was a problem on the first night with the disabled room as the bed had a very loud creak (like a door in a ghost movie!!!) which kept my in-laws awake most of the night. However this was quickly sorted out with a room move for the second night and we did also get a refund under the guarantee offered by Premier Inns. I am told an engineer visited to repair the bed so future guests should not have the same problem. They really could not have done any more so we were very happy with that.

We had breakfast in the adjacent pub, continental one day and a full english the next. Both were excellent and the waiter who seemed to be coping almost alone (same one both days) was cheerful and efficient.

We also ate dinner at the pub on the Sunday night. The food, a carvery for most of us, was very good indeed. However this meal gave rise to the only minus point of our stay...

The waitress for that meal was sullen and miserable. My mother-in-law (83 remember) mistakenly tried to tell her she wanted Scampi when she was taking a drink order and was shocked to get her head bitten off (figuratively of course!). I meanwhile had the nerve to ask how the carvery worked and got told to be quiet for a moment and tell her what I wanted to eat, she'd explain later!!! We were all shocked by this and did try hard to behave ourselves after that! We resolutely smiled and were polite to this waitress throughout but never once did she look any of us in the eye or smile, plonking dishes and drinks in front of us and stalking off. If she wonders why the tip was so small I hope she reads this and understands! The hotel loses a point for her appalling performance!

1  Thank kath_online
TeamLeader M, Team Leader at Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for your response, I am genuinely thrilled to hear you all enjoyed your stay with us. I can confirm the squeaky bed has indeed been dealt with, thanks for letting us know and we hope the refund has made up for the inconvenience of your relatives having to move rooms.
I am very shocked to hear about the service you recieved from a waitress in the restaruant adjacent to us. As i'm sure you know, we at 'Premier Inn' put the customer at the heart of everything we do and providing outstanding service to our guests is something we take very seriously. Rest assured, I will address this problem with the management next door, as I'm sure they will be equally shocked.
I will also pass on your kind comments to the rest of our team and the team over at the Boddington Arms.
We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed for 2,nights-very clean and amazing beds-staff on the front desk were very helpful and polite-cooked breakfasts are very, very good indeed- linked to a lovely pub with live music every Saturday-would stay again

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
TeamLeader M, Team Leader at Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

We are thrilled that you have thoroughly enjoyed your most recent stay with us. Thank you for leaving feedback and I will pass on your kind words to the rest of the team!
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I've stayed in Premier Inns all over the country and this one didn't really differ from the rest except the whole place could have done with a bit of a dust.
Bed was comfy and the location was quiet.
The reception staff were really helpful in helping me with directions.

I always have breakfast the next mornings and find that poached eggs can be something of a mixed bag in hotels but the young waitress was confident and helpful in assuring me that I would not be disappointed and I wasn't.

Had a delightful breakfast and despite seeming run off her feet nothing was too much for the waitress who never stopped smiling.

If I'm ever in the Northwest again I would definitely stay here and travel into the city centre as opposed to staying at one of closer Premier Inns.

• Stayed: August 2013
TeamLeader M, Team Leader at Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about our hotel. We at Premier Inn, Wilmslow are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly our breakfast, I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
The Wilmslow Lodge
The Stanneylands
#4 of 5 in Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North

Been to Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel? Share your experiences!