With Premier Inn, you tend to know the standard you will receive - decent beds, plenty of hot water, breakfast in the pub/restaurant next door etc, and the Wilmslow one has all of this. So what makes it different? Firstly, I think it is probably the location. It is on the edge of a small wood and only either a very short drive into town (five minutes at the most) or a pleasant walk of around fifteen minutes. Secondly, the staff are very helpful and friendly and you feel you could be in a 3* hotel and not a budget grade one.
I would definitely recommend it and as we only paid £25 for the room, that was a bonus! I have stayed here three or four times in the past and have always eaten in Wilmslow itself as there is no shortage of decent eating places so cannot comment on the restaurant other than for having breakfast in the morning.
My only minor criticism, which may sound petty, is that the water in the bathroom was way too hot! There was no way you could wash your hands under the running tap without scalding yourself. There were warning notices around but I am sure Premier Inn could save money by turning down the thermostat slightly!
All in all, however, excellent value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to heart of Wilmslow town centre with easy access to Manchester Airport ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel Wilmslow
- Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel Cheshire