“A perfect midweek treat!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Revolution
Ranked #15 of 88 Restaurants in Wilmslow
Price range: US$10 - US$17
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A perfect midweek treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We came to revolution tonight to celebrate the anniversary of our first date there, and couldn't have had a better evening! The food as always was fantastic, the atmosphere was friendly and relaxed and all very well priced in my opinion, we were both stuffed and drank plenty for less than £40, not to be sniffed at! The icing on the cake however was the service we received from Fiona, who was incredibly attentive and sweet, nothing was too much trouble and she made our night even more special, we were taken aback to receive an anniversary card! A big thank you to Fiona and all the staff for another of many good experiences at revs wilmslow, we will be back time and time again! Dave and Cat

• Visited May 2014
Jovidler, Manager at Revolution, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Dave and Cat,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this lovely review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your anniversary celebrations and privileged to be a part of it. Let us know when you are next in Wilmslow so we can be sure to book you in a table! Here's to many more anniversaries to come! Fiona was so touched that you gave her a special mention-it's really made her day. All the best for the future. Hopefully see you very soon

England, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Visited Revs on many occasions always a decent experience ! Today I felt that the friendly service from Sophie was excellent nothing was too much trouble and she dealt with our quirky humour in a professional and amusing manner great lunch well done to the Revs team will be back !!

• Visited May 2014
Jovidler, Manager at Revolution, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words! It's great to be able to pass on compliments to the staff and I'm sure Soohie will be thrilled that you had such a great time! We love a bit of quirky humour here! Look forward to seeing you soon!
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Christmas Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We had a fantastic Christmas Party at Revolution Wilmslow. After being let down by another venue, we quickly had to rearrange our Christmas Party for 50 people. Olivia at Revolution was fantastic in helping us arrange this, and the upstairs Stoli bar was hired. The night went without any hitches, the food was great and service from the bar staff excellent. We have already agreed to return for this year's Christmas party. Highly recommended

Visited December 2013
Olivia A, Manager at Revolution, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. We can't wait to see you and the rest of the guys at Omni back this Christmas. I'm so glad you enjoyed the party and the champers!
oswestry, england
“Pricey small portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Four of us went for lunch, and while my food was tasty enough, it was certainly top end pricing. £10 for a chicken burger, a lump of rice, and a quarter of a tiny jug of Katsu sauce. Not generous portions at all. Certainly the place to go if you want privacy though, there was barely anyone in there.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jovidler, Manager at Revolution, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with us yesterday.
This is certainly not the standard we pride ourselves on at all! We don't want any of our guests to leave feeling disappointed and certainly not un-full!
I would love the opportunity to discuss your experience with you personally and would be grateful of any further feedback. We are currently undertaking full service refresher training at the bar so information like this is so valuable! Please don't hesitate to contact me personally at the bar on 01625 838281 so that I might be able to book you in for lunch again and have the opportunity to show you how great our food and service should be.
Kind regards,
Jo Vidler,
Deputy manager,
Revolution, Wilmslow
Cheshire, England (UK)
“2-4-1 trying to rip you off, check your bill!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Arrived on a Saturday to see a display board outside advertising all cocktails 241 between 5-9 everyday.

After ordering two cocktails I was charged for both. I pointed out to the bar man I thought it was happy hour 241 and he refunded me for one drink.

My wife went up to order the next two and was told that the "*" next to the offer means terms and conditions apply and the offer is not for Saturdays.

We explained that the first batman had refunded us but he said he shouldn't of done that.

After checking the board again there is no mention of T&C's.

I also checked their website which advertised the same offer with the only exclusion being Scotland.

After pointing this out we were told some rubbish story about the tills not being updated and staff not being aware (there's also posters all around the place advertising the offer) and again refunded if our money!

Won't be coming back here, really not good enough whatever the real excuse, whether it's staff not being told the latest offers or head office not updating websites or telling management.

Olivia A, Manager at Revolution, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
I am so sorry to hear about your experience on Saturday! Our offers did used to exclude Saturdays, however fortunately these have now been changed to include the offer on this day.

As you have rightly put after the first incident of your cocktails not coming through at 241 we did refund you, after you realised you had paid for both. It was actually myself who called up our head office out of hours to have our tills updated. I want to thank you for bringing it to our attention so that the updated offers we had advertised were correctly coming through to us on our system.

I would love to invite you back down to the bar to say thank you if you would like to call us on 01625 838 281 and speak to myself that would be fab.