“Totally Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Honey bee

Honey bee
Ranked #21 of 88 Restaurants in Wilmslow
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Honey Bee in Wilmslow is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Bury, United Kingdom
“Totally Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Arrived at the Honey Bee at 12, we were the only customers. Our order was taken and took over 20 minutes to arrive. The food was cold and of a very poor standard. And as a chef I would have been embarrassed to have served food of that very low standard so therefore will not be coming back and certainly will not recommend The Honey Bee to others!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Patricia D

“Slow annoying service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I went with family for lunch. It was fairly busy but not full by any stretch we waited ages even just for our order to be taken.I had a pepsi which tasted off which I informed them of and they replaced it with a bottle of coke, fair enough. I then ordered a pepsi again for my next drink (presuming they'd acted and sorted the problem) and they hadn't it still tasted off.

When our order was eventually taken the waitress (obviously acting on management orders I don't blame her at all) was very pushy about starters then asking everyone if they wanted to "uprgrade" their chips and then we finished ordering and she was pushing sides. This sort of pushy sales service isn't what I want when I'm having lunch with my family.

We then waited ages again for the food to come. This is where the only positive of the visit comes out and why I didn't award 1*, the mains were good. We all ordered off the lunchtime menu and the food was very good, I had the spicy southern fried chicken and whilst it wasn't spicy it was very nice and I would recommend it as a dish.

We also had a dessert, I opted for raspberry crème brulee. It was rubbish. It had 1 raspberry in it and even ignoring this the crème brulee was poor tasting, I didn't eat it.

Conclusion: Would not recommend

• Visited August 2014
Manchester
“Potentially one of the best gastro pubs in Cheshire”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

After an absence of more than seven years, my family visited this large, imposing building on the outskirts of Wilmslow, to celebrate my wife's birthday. There is an attractive outdoor seating area and various indoor areas. Internally, it is very clean (including the large toilets) with modern furnishings and is very light. As it was a gloriously sunny day, it was very busy even at 3.30p.m. We managed to get seats outside and had a couple of drinks, ordered at the bar, before ordering our meals. As a real ale drinker, I was pleased to have a choice of three, and as a vegetarian, even more pleased to have a choice of five main meals. The staff were friendly enough and we didn't wait too long for our meals, which were all substantial and good value for money. it was a thoroughly pleasant experience and we will return soon. One thing though hasn't changed since we last visited - the lack of staff. There never seems to be more than two people working at the bar and they deal with ALL the drinks and food orders. At really busy times, it's obvious that they will not be able to cope. In fact, as I waited to pay the bill, two families were demanding a refund because they had waited 45 minutes for their starters. Unfortunately, the staff get the flak but it is the management which is to blame. With lots of competition in this area, Vintage Inns would be wise to take a long, hard look at their staffing levels before they start losing out to more customer-focused gastro pubs.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank grahamrmoore
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Waited an hour for no food to arrive!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely appauling customer service! We arrived and the waitress took our drinks, starters and main orders. The drinks arrived after a fifteen minute wait which should have set alarm bells ringing but we gave them the benefit of the doubt. Shortly after the starters arrived but they weren't very nice. After 40 minutes we noticed the table which ordered ten minutes after us had almost finished their mains! At this point we asked the staff where it was up to and we were told very shortly. Another ten minutes after this a waitress told us that she had spoken to the chef so no more than ten minutes! But it still didn't arrive...

Needless to say 75 minutes player we were bored of waiting! We asked for the bill for the drinks and starters but they told us it was on the house as a gesture of good will.

What a waste of a Friday evening!!!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank student987
Altrincham
“Rude, unhelpful staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Visited this pub on Thursday lunchtime. The attitude of the female member of staff behind the bar was appalling. Unhelpful, unfriendly and unprofessional. We decided not to stay and went across the road to the Cheshire Smokehouse. What a difference. They were welcoming, friendly and the food was superb. The Honey Bee management could gain a lot by sending their staff there to learn what Customer Service is about.

Visited July 2014