“Our 6th visit”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We only travel away on business a few times a year and every year when we go to Wilmslow we look forward to visiting Sitar - the staff are very friendly, the food fantastic and the atmosphere great. We have eaten at other places in the area and for us we cannot recommend it highly enough

Reviewed 30 October 2011

I recently heard the advert of the new sitar restaurant and I was pleased with what I heard so I though I would take my family to try it.
All of the staff were extremely pleasent and welcoming, the service was great. I have been there twice in the last 2 weeks, one visit was for the sunday banquet, and the other was on a monday evening where there is a fantastic offer on at 6pm your dishes cost only 6 pounds, me and my family were so impressed with these offers.
The sunday banquet you get a starter, main and a dessert for just 9.95 per person (the banquet menu provided), the food was amazing it was so tasty, I would go there every day but it would be too much, but I will deffinitly be back in the near future for some more fantastic tasting indian food and service.

2  Thank jennifer9968
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Really enjoyed the our meal, the butter chicken was excellent. The service was great everyone professional and friendly. We will definately return.

2  Thank rocksadelew
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I was looking for somewhere new to go in Wilmslow and not the same old chain pasta/pizza reataurant's. I had driven past the Sitar many times and decided to book a table and take my partner for a nice meal on a friday night.

From the moment we arrived at Sitar the staff were welcoming and very attentive. The menu provides a welcome change from the normal indian menu with a variety of stunning and very contemporary choices. My partner had Amma Pistachios and I opted for the Lamb Peppermint Bhuna with sides of rice, chapati and saag aloo. The food was stunning, arriving in a timely manner and in dishes which just added to the contemporary nature of the restaurant.

At the end of our lovely evening we asked for the bill which came to £40 which included a bottle of wine. The menu is exceptionally good value when you experience the quality of the food, surroundings and the staff are all lovely and nothing is too much. They even ordered the taxi for our departure and provided a courtesy hand shake for a partner and a kiss on the check for me.

I will return to this lovely restaurant..... Wilmslow's hidden gem.

1  Thank fionapg