“Reasonable hotel - does what it says on the tin”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Use this hotel for business. The rooms are not large but are clean and tidy. Bar was expensive - £3 for a pint of diet coke !! Swimming pool is a reasonable size. Restaurant is good food but not special. A standard sort of business hotel not exciting - but does the job.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sassynewf
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear sassynewf, thank you for you post. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, John Rothwell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,393)

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel prior to and after a flight for a holiday in Italy and it included car parking facilities. The hotel rooms are very small and would really only be appropriate for business or overnight airport accommodation. The overall appearance was a little jaded but not too bad. Breakfast was fairly edible with cereal, fruit yoghurt and cooked items although I was not impressed with the bacon which seemed barely cooked and flavourless and the sausage was very herby (Lincolnshire I suspect) and not suitable as a breakfast sausage but this is really only my personal preference. We were checked in quickly and efficiently and my car was quickly accessible to me when I needed it. Dinner was also OK but nothing special and our room was clean although a large pile of cigarette ends had been discarded just outside the window of the first room we had and we reported this to the reception on our departure.

1  Thank emilymary99
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear Reviewer, thank you for your recent post. It is extremely disappointing when guests disregard the hotels no smoking policy and I apologise the stubs were not spotted by my housekeeping department. Thank you again for taking the time to provide your honest feedback about the hotel. Kind regards, John Rothwell

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Stayed here with the park and fly package. The hotel ticks all the boxes in respect to the reason for booking. The receptionists, although very busy when we arrived, were very good. They acknowledged us on arrival even though they were dealing with other customers and quickly explained they would deal with us asap.
They gave clear instructions regarding parking and airport transfers and gave us our room key. The room was a good size with a good bathroom and an enormous queen size bed that was very comfy.
The airport transfers were very good both ways.
I would recommend this hotel for its park and fly package, however i would definately not eat here again as the barfood was extortionately overpriced and slightly better than poor. There is a pub about 1/2 mile away that must surely be a better option.

1  Thank mark2gwen
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear mark2gwen, thank you for your post. It was pleasing to read we met your requirements in relation to your recent stay; I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, John Rothwell

Reviewed 17 June 2012

We used the hotel for an overnight stay prior to a morning flight.
Obviously being close to the airport you are going to get aircraft noise and a rather full and noisy hotel.
My husband uses the “Intercontinental Chain” of hotels through work and often stays in one of the range, because of this we were upgraded to a Premium room, however if this was there Premium room I dread to think what the standard rooms are like. Compact and just wide enough to fit in two beds, the room was adequate, but not like other HI we have stayed in, also the part of the hotel block and floor we were on did not have a lift. So you had to cart your luggage upstairs yourself, I found this quite annoying for a chain as large as HI to not even offer when you check in to arrange to have your bags taken to your room, as it seemed the other rooms in the hotel had lift access. Thankfully we were only on the 1st Floor, and I think there were another 3 above ours.
The facilities were standard, but clean even though compact, and you did get the standard shower bits.
Did not take breakfast as we had an early flight, and went out for a meal to the Honey Bee which is about 5 min walk left out of the entrance to the hotel with a much quieter ambiance than the hotel open plan dining area which seemed to be full of loud children running around.
The hotel is good for being fairly close to the airport, but I think in future we will be doing an on airport hotel as the noise seemed even louder in this one and it was off airport! Serves its purpose though if the other hotels are full and you want something a little lower priced.

1  Thank Shello
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear Shello, thank you for your post. Unfortunately one wing of our bedrooms is not accessible by lift; we do offer assistance when checking in because of this. There are only two flights of stairs to climb to the highest level. I hope you will consider the hotel the next time you require accommodation the night prior to a flight out of Manchester. Kind regards, John Rothwell

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Stayed here 1st June on 15 day park & stay package. The family room was in good order, clean & tidy, walls needed repainting, but this did not affect the stay. The hotel arranged transport to & from airport (included in package). They use wythenshawe club cars & we found them to be very courteous & on time both ways. Overall we were happy with our stay. All staff encountered were polite. Evening meal was good & child eats for free with adult dinning. Breakfast was, in my opinion, expensive at £20 for 2 adults (which by the way was advertised at £15 & on my invoice but was told the price had changed), choice of food was reasonable & was constantly re filled. Would use, and have done many times before, again. I am looking to book again for use later on in year. On site car park was well lit & car was in good order upon return.

Room Tip: If you need space then upgrade room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ianShropshire
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear ianShropshire, Thank you for taking the time to write a post. It was pleasing to read you are a regular user of the hotel and I would welcome the opportunity to seeing you return again to the hotel. I hope you signed up for our Park, Stay and Fly Club to take further advantages of the offers available to you. Kind regards, John Rothwell

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I got bitten during the night -- I'm not sure by what exactly, but not mosquitos, which I think I would have heard -- and that may color my impression. Other than that, it's a generic businessman's hotel, on the low end of acceptable. If you use it, make sure to call their "club car" service instead of taking taxis to and from the airport, which will be much more expensive. (I.e., call from the courtesy phone in the airport.) They're not all that bureaucratically organized, and if you need to pay for different categories of item (i.e., meals, travel) separately, they're not equipped for that -- they can't give you separate receipts (but it took them a while to figure it out). The "full English breakfast" was the hotel buffet; if you're going back to the airport in the morning, you might as well have breakfast at the airport -- it won't be more expensive, and will probably be better.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AmumKabir
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Dear Amum,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am deeply sorry that our facilities and services fell below your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 June 2012 via mobile

Room 114 apalling. Way below holiday inns usual standards. Noisy, small, poorly positioned by doors, lift and passageways . Bed itself awful. If you're anywhere near my height of 6ft2 don't even consider this bed or the unintionally low level shower.
Saving grace is helpful staff and good park and ride scheme.
I use holiday inn for business and social, I would consider the nearby premier inn we previously used to be superior for airport overnights
Happy to provide details or answer specifics

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Davedit
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear Davedit, Thank you for your post. Please accept my apologies that the facilities you encountered were not suitable for your height. Unfortunately from the details I have from this post I am unable to see what night you stayed at the hotel and if we could have provided you a larger room which may have been more suited. We do have larger Executive rooms at the hotel which are slightly higher in price but I am confident would be more suited to your needs. Kind regards, John Rothwell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!