The Airport Inn Manchester
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
1,442 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Great place to put your head down after a flight home! All we needed before a drive home to Scotland. Clean, comfortable & good value for money. Collected from airport by people carrier quickly after calling to say we had arrived.

1  Thank Smyco
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with Holiday Inn Manchester Airport.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be clean, comfortable and good value.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Booked this hotel through Holiday Extras and as it showed a symbol that it catered for people with disabilities therefore thought there would be no access issues. At no point in the booking details was there a question on mobility or an opportunity to advise of any issues.

My partner has mobility issues and walks with a stick, so we expected that there would be access to the rooms by a lift if upstairs. When we arrived at the hotel and were advised that our room was up two flights of stairs, I asked if there was a lift and were told no - all their triple rooms (i.e. family rooms) were upstairs with no lift.

At this point the only offer we got was help with our cases.

When we complained to the general manager, he advised that they do cater for people with disabilities by having two accessible rooms! Hardly an accessible hotel or signs that they take the needs of people with disabilities seriously. He apologised but advised he was not prepared to refund the cost of our stay as we had not advised of the mobility issues at booking. There was no-where to advise of this in the booking process!!!!!

We were offered a 10% discount off our next stay - how will we use this when the experience has not only put us off going back to their hotel but also any other Holiday Inn! Before we went to this hotel we had spent a night at the Premier Inn along the road where their rooms were easily accessible and they had a money back guarantee if you were not happy with you stay - even with that offer we could not find anything at all to complain about and had a great night with great staff and service. I would recommend this over the Holiday Inn if you are considering staying at a hotel near the airport.

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems make sure you tell them about it.
1  Thank John R

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments. As previously communicated to you, unfortunately you made a booking via a 3rd party agent. The information they provided requested a triple room which was what was allocated to you. There was no information of your request for a room with ease of access or an accessible room. A copy of this information was provided to you in our correspondence.

As you informed me in your letter you arrived in the early hours, my team could only offer you the room booked as we were almost full on the night in question that would meet your booking specification.

The hotel is accessible, we regularly have guests stay with us with accessible needs, we also hold regular conferences for Guide Dogs for the Blind who use our venue as a training centre and we also host the National Deaf Children’s Society for their Introduction courses. For the past 2 years we have hosted their annual family conference for over 250 people, many of whom have severe disabilities, we are also hosting this next year and are very proud to do so.

As I explained if we were aware of the accessible need prior to arrival via the 3rd party, we would have ensured we could cater 100% for that need. I understand you may have lost confidence with the hotel on this occasion however should you require accommodation in the airport vicinity in the near future, please contact me directly and allow me the opportunity to provide you the service I am confident we can deliver.

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We used this hotel on both occasions ( room 007 ) prior to our holiday & on the return journey ( room 006) The hotel was set in a lovely wooded area with Rabbits, Squirrels etc in the gardens our room overlooked. The rooms were very small, but if you folded up the sofa bed there was slightly more space although my 14 year old daughter complained that sofa bed was very uncomfortable with springs boring into her back all night long. On the return journey this did not appear to be the case as the bed was much more comfortable. both of these rooms were linked by a door ( interconnecting rooms ) you could hear just about everything that your neightbours were saying! We had planned to eat in the Honey Bee but unfortunaltly this was closed for refurb. On check in the hotel offered us a resturant voucher for £35 with a face value of £47 odds ( I think )to be used in the resturant. We had a lovely meal ( we only had main courses) but the drinks on top of the meal were another £20 so we felt it was rather expensive. I used the gym the next morning which had up to date equiptment and was clean airy & fresh, never had a chance to use the pool but this looked lovely. We didn't use breakfast as this was also quite expensive, We passed a MacDonalds 10mins drive further in Wilmslow and a Tesco Express, and plenty other eating places which I'm quite sure if you didnt want to use the hotel or your car, a taxi would have been quite reasonable. The airport transfers were smooth and prompt, I found the Staff very nice and very helpful. I would for sure use this hotel again.

Dear guest,

Due to the structure and the nature of our facility, I have passed your comments onto our head office to see if improved sound-proofing can be provided without changing the integrity of the fire door.

In regard to the vouchers, they allow a customer up to the value of £23 per person which can provide up to a 3 course dinner. Choosing only one course would mean using the voucher isn’t the best use of it.

From the 30th July however the £35 upgrade has been removed and we have a new menu which just launched.

Our prices around the hotel are all in range with the other hotels in the Glasgow region.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Immaculate rooms decent breakfast in the morning and airport car parking with transfers and all for a good price what more can you ask for :)

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us feedback on your recent stay with Holiday Inn Manchester Airport.

I am very pleased to read that your room was to such a high standard and that we are excellent value.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

General Manager.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Stayed here the night before our holiday - not a wise choice. We booked the hotel because of the parking facility and transportation to and from the airport, also my husband is a platinum priority club member so in theory should get privilages. I have to agree with another posting that the staff need to go on a customer service course, very unfriendly and no personality. We were allocated a ground floor king room next door to a room where a wedding was being held so no chance of getting any sleep. Reception did move us to another room (the only one left because of the wedding) at the far end of the hotel but the room was only a double (not what we paid for) and was desperate for a makeover. The heating didn't work and the TV was on the blink. We ate in the restaurant and wished we had gone to the pub up the road, overpriced and bad service. The minibus pick up service at the airport is not reliable. We waited 50mins to be collected on the return journey. My advise is to look at other hotels and car parking facilities.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear CheshireKaza,

Thank you for being our Platinum Priority Club member and choosing to stay with us. We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of our hotel staff services, room accommodations and shuttle service. Your valuable comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

We appreciate your loyalty and we hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N