“A little tired looking but very nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Airport Inn Manchester

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“A little tired looking but very nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

The hotel didn't have my reservation so they gave me a free drink while they spoke to the booking agent. The bar was nice and cosy and very Christmas-y. The corridor and room were a little tired looking (cracks in the wall and the carpet looked old etc), the room was compact but it didn't really put me off. I meant to go to the pool but didnt get round to it. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was good. I got a good price for the room (it was last minute) so it was good value and i would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Tanya M
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on your stay.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be good value for money despite the last minute booking. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future when you will get the chance to try our pool.

John Rothwell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Polish first
Peterborough, England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

We've stayed here before and not had any major problems.

On this occasion there was no problem with the service or the meal we had, albeit a little expensive for what it was, on the night before our flight. The room was acceptable, although quite small and the sliding bathroom door was a bit of a pain.

The parking arrangements were straightforward, and the transfer to the airport was fine.

However, the transfer on return was a nightmare. We called the number to be told someone would be there in a couple of minutes if we could get there. We went to the meeting point to see a car pull up as expected, but another couple were ahead of us. There was no way we'd get 4 people and luggage in that car, and the driver couldn't even confirm who he was supposed to be meeting. He said another would be along in a few minutes.

A mini-bus pulled up, but driver said he wasn't picking up. He then sat there whilst we waited in the rain. Another mini-bus turned up but then drove straight off. The driver of the original min-bus then started taking passengers, but when we gave him our name, he said we weren't on his list. Eventually he came back to us and said that since he was going to the Holiday Inn, and another couple weren't there, he could "squeeze us in" - we then set off with six of us in a bus with twenty seats!!

At the hotel, we thought we'd get a coffee before setting off on our drive home. It was about 08:00. We enquired at reception and they directed us to the restaurant where breakfast was being served, but they just wanted us to pay for a breakfast and we couldn't get just a coffee.

At that point we left.

Won't use this hotel again, at least until they change their transfer company.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mark_f_peterborough
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us.

I’m sorry to read that your stay with us was marred somewhat by your experience with our transfer service. As it is run by an external company, I cannot comment on the situation above except offer my sincere apologies as it should not happen to anyone waiting to return to our hotel.

I hope you do choose to return to us in the future.

John Rothwell

Travellers are raving about these Wilmslow hotels

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

Stayed in the hotel 23-25 Nov with the family,had seen some negative reviews so was'nt expecting that much but was pleasantly surprised.We checked in quickly had a slight issue with the room they moved us straight away,the staff were all very polite and helpful.We had dinner in the hotel which was very nice (kids eat free which was a bonus), at breakfast had problem with the sausages being pink in the middle, staff replaced them but they were the same.Overall a nice hotel enjoyed the stay and would go back.

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving a review of your time with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and would return to us. I’m sorry about the issue at breakfast, I will make sure to pass your comments onto our restaurant team so they can be aware of the situation.

Warrington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

Stayed here for two nights 23/24Nov check in good room looked good at first bath full of hair and dirty water, no toilet paper, dirty ear buds under sink, had to ask for 2quilts to put on sofa bed springs coming through mattress. Food in restaurant bit pricey for what it is £12 for burger and chips or pie and mash, between £5-7 for starters same for desserts for what you get way overpriced. Saturday no sleep there was a wedding party on children running everywhere even in restaurant when your trying to have a quiet meal with our own child, they took no notice of staff Ye tried his best numerous times. We went up to our room 9pm as hubby had early flight all we could here was boom boom of disco, there were people outside using smoke shelter singing laughing shouting to each other till 3.30am it then started to go a bit quieter all in all it was 4am when noise eventually stopped. Then to top it all off this morning went for breakfast at 9am had to wait no eggs bacon beans bread butter then as they came out one by one you had to have one or two items then wait till next lot came out. There were people in the restaurant with pyjamas and nighties on at least 4 of them and not children, is there no dress code for the restaurant as no one seemed to say anything just let them in and showed them to a table iv stayed at holiday inn before and my hubby has flown to Chicago this morning again using Holiday inn this has to be my worst stay.

On a brighter note the swimming pool was great.

Room Tip: No children activities
1 Thank WarringtonDebby
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
Dear guest,

I’m sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us for numerous reasons. There is no excuse for a dirty bedroom and I will ensure that our housekeeping team double check the bedrooms from now on. I would appreciate the chance to restore your faith in the Holiday Inn Manchester Airport so if you would like to discuss any issues further, please email gm.himanchester@qmh-hotels.com.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

I used this hotel to stay the night before flying from Manchester airport, the hotel service was good the room was clean with helpful staff and the quality of the food was also very good, the transfer to the airport was on time.

When I returned from my trip into Manchester Airport I called the Taxi Company as instructed and waited in the correct spot to be collected, which incidentally was outside with no cover.

I was told by the Taxi company that they would send a car straight away, this was not the case, I waited almost an hour to be collected and had to call four times to chase them.

my flight from Heathrow to Manchester took 40 minutes what a joke that I was kept waiting nearly an hour to be transferred back to the Hotel to collect my car.

so!! good Hotel but terrible transfer service, it would be a shame if the transfer service was to spoil the name of a well run Hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephen B
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us.

The transfer service is run by a taxi firm, they offer cabs or minibuses dependent on the size of the number to collect. We do not have our own hotel driven transfer service but please accept my apologies for the inconvenience to you.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

windermere U.K
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

Stayed here as had early flight. Nice hotel with good size clean rooms. Meals were good and not expensive. The leisure facilities were a bonus. The staff were pleasant and helpful. Would stay here again. The only fault was that someone had set the alarm on the tele for 6am. It was a rude awakening !!

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that you found us to be a great airport hotel and found everything to be satisfactory. I am sorry about the alarm going off, I’ll make sure that our team members know exactly who requires an alarm. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

This was my second visit to the Holiday Inn (Manchester Airport). My previous visit (May 2011) had been fine but I was disappointed this time.

My journey to the hotel had not been good but on arrival at check-in the staff member was struggling to find someone to help the customer in front of me and it took some time for her to track down a colleague to help the guest with their luggage.

I was given a room on the ground floor which was okay (if not a little dark and dull). The bathroom was fine but for the fact the washbasin was full of water and the plug was stuck shut. The maintenance people thought it had been like that for some time and as they couldn't fix it I was moved to another room - bit of a pain after a long day on the road and the second room, again on the ground floor, was dull and dark. I was disappointed the room wasn't very clean with tissues on the floor and big clumps of dust - I think this is what annoyed me most.

I ate in the hotel restaurant (Terraces) in the evening and although the food was fine I thought it was expensive for what it was. Yes, I realise it is an airport hotel but good value is always welcome.

Having also stayed at the Crowne Plaza (Manchester Airport) I would recommend that hotel over this one given this experience.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We find our guests comments to be invaluable when training our team members.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with your stay with us in concern to the changing of rooms and the unsatisfactory level of cleanliness that faced you in the second room. I would like to extend my apologies for these situations and I would appreciate the chance to restore your faith in Holiday Inn Manchester Airport.

Please email your name, room numbers and date of stay to gm.himanchester@qmh-hotels.com so we can discuss any issues you have further.

John Rothwell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!