“start the hoilday refreshed”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“start the hoilday refreshed”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

my wife and I stayed here the night before we left for a long flight. The staff were very nice and helpfull, they did all they could to make for a nice stay. Hotel room was nice and clean bit small but we only wanted a bed for the night and shower in the morning. some of the hotel could do with a bit of modernising. the leisure facilities were free and very nice and relaxing. too only offer 30 mins of wifi for the guests is a bit stingy, when every hotel we have stayed you can access wifi for the time you stay. The parking is very convient and safe but the transfure going and returing got a bit confusing as the drivers did not know who they should pick up and on both occasions I had to insists the driver take us, he did have a mini bus that had four people in.
If you do not want to eat and drink in the Hotel then walk out of the Hotel turn left up the hill and there is a nice pub at the top called the Honey Pot that sells good food and drink at good prices. Would we stay again yes we would the place is clean frendley quite and conveient, the price for park and stay is keen not cheap just keen not out the way. they need too sort the wifi .

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jim h
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our team members to be friendly and professional at all times. I will pass your kind words onto them as they strive to deliver the best possible service to our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

John Rothwell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 December 2012

The hotel didn't have my reservation so they gave me a free drink while they spoke to the booking agent. The bar was nice and cosy and very Christmas-y. The corridor and room were a little tired looking (cracks in the wall and the carpet looked old etc), the room was compact but it didn't really put me off. I meant to go to the pool but didnt get round to it. The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was good. I got a good price for the room (it was last minute) so it was good value and i would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Tanya M
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments on your stay.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be good value for money despite the last minute booking. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future when you will get the chance to try our pool.

Peterborough, England
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We've stayed here before and not had any major problems.

On this occasion there was no problem with the service or the meal we had, albeit a little expensive for what it was, on the night before our flight. The room was acceptable, although quite small and the sliding bathroom door was a bit of a pain.

The parking arrangements were straightforward, and the transfer to the airport was fine.

However, the transfer on return was a nightmare. We called the number to be told someone would be there in a couple of minutes if we could get there. We went to the meeting point to see a car pull up as expected, but another couple were ahead of us. There was no way we'd get 4 people and luggage in that car, and the driver couldn't even confirm who he was supposed to be meeting. He said another would be along in a few minutes.

A mini-bus pulled up, but driver said he wasn't picking up. He then sat there whilst we waited in the rain. Another mini-bus turned up but then drove straight off. The driver of the original min-bus then started taking passengers, but when we gave him our name, he said we weren't on his list. Eventually he came back to us and said that since he was going to the Holiday Inn, and another couple weren't there, he could "squeeze us in" - we then set off with six of us in a bus with twenty seats!!

At the hotel, we thought we'd get a coffee before setting off on our drive home. It was about 08:00. We enquired at reception and they directed us to the restaurant where breakfast was being served, but they just wanted us to pay for a breakfast and we couldn't get just a coffee.

At that point we left.

Won't use this hotel again, at least until they change their transfer company.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mark_f_peterborough
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us.

I’m sorry to read that your stay with us was marred somewhat by your experience with our transfer service. As it is run by an external company, I cannot comment on the situation above except offer my sincere apologies as it should not happen to anyone waiting to return to our hotel.

I hope you do choose to return to us in the future.

london
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Stayed in the hotel 23-25 Nov with the family,had seen some negative reviews so was'nt expecting that much but was pleasantly surprised.We checked in quickly had a slight issue with the room they moved us straight away,the staff were all very polite and helpful.We had dinner in the hotel which was very nice (kids eat free which was a bonus), at breakfast had problem with the sausages being pink in the middle, staff replaced them but they were the same.Overall a nice hotel enjoyed the stay and would go back.

Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving a review of your time with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and would return to us. I’m sorry about the issue at breakfast, I will make sure to pass your comments onto our restaurant team so they can be aware of the situation.

Warrington
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Stayed here for two nights 23/24Nov check in good room looked good at first bath full of hair and dirty water, no toilet paper, dirty ear buds under sink, had to ask for 2quilts to put on sofa bed springs coming through mattress. Food in restaurant bit pricey for what it is £12 for burger and chips or pie and mash, between £5-7 for starters same for desserts for what you get way overpriced. Saturday no sleep there was a wedding party on children running everywhere even in restaurant when your trying to have a quiet meal with our own child, they took no notice of staff Ye tried his best numerous times. We went up to our room 9pm as hubby had early flight all we could here was boom boom of disco, there were people outside using smoke shelter singing laughing shouting to each other till 3.30am it then started to go a bit quieter all in all it was 4am when noise eventually stopped. Then to top it all off this morning went for breakfast at 9am had to wait no eggs bacon beans bread butter then as they came out one by one you had to have one or two items then wait till next lot came out. There were people in the restaurant with pyjamas and nighties on at least 4 of them and not children, is there no dress code for the restaurant as no one seemed to say anything just let them in and showed them to a table iv stayed at holiday inn before and my hubby has flown to Chicago this morning again using Holiday inn this has to be my worst stay.

On a brighter note the swimming pool was great.

Room Tip: No children activities
1 Thank WarringtonDebby
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
Dear guest,

I’m sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us for numerous reasons. There is no excuse for a dirty bedroom and I will ensure that our housekeeping team double check the bedrooms from now on. I would appreciate the chance to restore your faith in the Holiday Inn Manchester Airport so if you would like to discuss any issues further, please email gm.himanchester@qmh-hotels.com.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I used this hotel to stay the night before flying from Manchester airport, the hotel service was good the room was clean with helpful staff and the quality of the food was also very good, the transfer to the airport was on time.

When I returned from my trip into Manchester Airport I called the Taxi Company as instructed and waited in the correct spot to be collected, which incidentally was outside with no cover.

I was told by the Taxi company that they would send a car straight away, this was not the case, I waited almost an hour to be collected and had to call four times to chase them.

my flight from Heathrow to Manchester took 40 minutes what a joke that I was kept waiting nearly an hour to be transferred back to the Hotel to collect my car.

so!! good Hotel but terrible transfer service, it would be a shame if the transfer service was to spoil the name of a well run Hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephen B
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time with us.

The transfer service is run by a taxi firm, they offer cabs or minibuses dependent on the size of the number to collect. We do not have our own hotel driven transfer service but please accept my apologies for the inconvenience to you.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

windermere U.K
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Stayed here as had early flight. Nice hotel with good size clean rooms. Meals were good and not expensive. The leisure facilities were a bonus. The staff were pleasant and helpful. Would stay here again. The only fault was that someone had set the alarm on the tele for 6am. It was a rude awakening !!

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that you found us to be a great airport hotel and found everything to be satisfactory. I am sorry about the alarm going off, I’ll make sure that our team members know exactly who requires an alarm. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

John Rothwell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Etrop Grange
Etrop Grange
#69 of 116 in Manchester

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!