“Good over night airport hotel”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Good over night airport hotel”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We stayed 16/12/12 over night with long stay airport parking. Parking was excellent no hastle and secure. Staff were excellent very helpful, food good. Room clean and adequte for an overnight stay, the only bad point was that the room was too hot and there was no control as a hot water pipe ran the lenght of it! But otherwise a comfortable stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Dear guest,

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything about your stay to be adequate and pleasant. I’m pleased to read that our staff members were excellent and helpful during your stay and your meals were great too. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

John Rothwell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We used this venue for our wedding Receiption. Not only did we get an exstremly good price and package but we also got 5 star treatment. The wedding planning staff are just amazing there wasn't anything to small or big they wouldn't do for us. I felt as I should of like a princess. Our food was fabulose through out our hole day even tho we was running 1 hour behind! The hotel dj did an amazing job to! There is just so much I could say about our day but the biggest thank you to them to. Our room was lovley very clean and tidy! All in all they are on par with a 5 * service in your posh hotels! I was attended to the hole day as my husband children and guests! 3 week later my friend got married at a large state Mannor hotel cost a fortune and it was nothing to ours no help cold food and she did all her self! We was very lucky to have such wounderful staff and hotel! From setting our room up to changing it over mid way for night time changing our night buffet food to what we wanted I even got slippers from them to sit down and eat my meal so my feet didn't get saw which was such a lovely gesture I loved it, they are a fab lot and we still go for lunch and to see them all if your planning a WEDDIND this is a MUST to check you will not be let down.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Snowqueeeen
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review of your stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that throughout your time with us you enjoyed it immensely, found everything to your liking and felt as though you were treated like royalty and found us to be good value for money. We strive to deliver the best service to our guests and I’m extremely happy to read that we achieved this during your time with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Manchester Airport during January 2013.

On arrival, there were loads of spaces in the car park. Always handy.

Check-in was fast and efficient.

When i got to my room, i was really surprised how small it was. It must but the smallest Holiday Inn room i have ever stayed in. I had booked a double room, but the bed was pushed up to the wall, only giving access to the bed on one side. The bed side table was just big enough to hold the room telephone, and nothing else. The desk had no legs (Presumably as they would have taken up too much space), it was just a large deep shelf.

The decor of the room was up to date and it was reasonably clean.

The bathroom was tiny. I'm sure you could have sat on the toilet, washed your feet in the bath and your hair in the sink all at the same time. There wasn't even a shelf in the bathroom. The tumblers were on the side on the sink and the toiletries on the toilet cistern. Leaving absolutely no room for any of my items. The bathroom also had quite a bit of mould on the tiles and in the grouting.

Breakfast was ok. The maitre d' was quite grumpy, never broke in a smile with any quest. Cereals / cooked items were good, but the juice and coffee was from a machine. (Quite cheap tasting).

Not a bad hotel, but not a good one either. Rooms are ok for one night, but are quite disappointing for a Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: The Crowne Plaza is much better and is often the same price.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay.

I’m pleased to read that there instances of your stay that you enjoyed but I’m concerned to read that you found your overall stay disappointing. Your comments about your room and breakfast have been noted and will be discussed further.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I've just had a work training meeting here and I found the hotel fine.
The food is very good although i do find some things far too salty for my taste. I left my scrambled eggs at breakfast because they just tasted of pure salt and I noticed the egg sandwiches served later on at our buffet were the same. This isn't the first hotel I've had to comment on the salt though, I just wish the chef's would stop pouring tons of salt into everything they cook, it's not healthy!! The flapjacks served at afternoon tea were wonderful though.
Although this place isn't the most modern I found it clean and tidy, both my own room and the conference room. The staff are very friendly and really helpful which is one of the main reasons we'll be returning later in the year.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you found our hotel to be clean with helpful team members. I’m pleased that you also enjoyed your food a great deal despite some items being too salty. Your comments have been noted and will be shared with our restaurant team. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I am used to staying at Holiday Inns on a regular basis across the UK, manily for business.

Used this hotel on the 3rd January as it is near the Airport, sadly not a great experience, the room we stayed in was not clean, cobwebs hanging from the ceiling, lots of fluff around the edges of the carpet (either their hoover does not work or their housekeeping nevers bothers), but worse the bathroom floor was dirty.

As we arrived late we decided to keep the room (we should have asked to change), I would inform check out the next morning, but gues what three young staff on duty at 6.30am, young gent behind reception never asked "how was your stay or was everything OK". we left but vowed never to return, shame really as location is fine but the Hotel need TLC and is looking tired in the Rooms.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your stay.

I’m very sorry to read that your recent stay with us was disappointing and various issues marred your opinion of our hotel. It is unacceptable to allow our guests to stay in a room that has not been properly serviced. Your comments have been noted for further consideration and I will ensure this does not happen again. I would appreciate the chance to restore your faith in the Holiday Inn Manchester Airport, please email your name, room number and date of stay to gm.himanchester@qmh-hotels.com.

Once again, I am sorry that your stay was not to the standard we strive to deliver to our guests.

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stayed at Holiday Inn Manchester airport on Christmas eve 2012 in order to make it easy for us to catch an early flight on 25th at 8.20am. We made the booking from Holiday extras and confirmation came through immediately. We had booked a room, requested a baby cot, breakfast for two adults, and transfers the next day and of course parking for our car for five nights. We arrived into holiday inn at 9.45 pm. The receptionist (her name was Becky) said she didn't have any bookings in our name, eventually found a fax which had come through in the afternoon with our booking. I asked her several times if a cot was provided and if she had out us down for breakfast the next day and the answer was affirmative. The cot never arrived and when we went down for breakfast the next day our name wasn't on the guest list. However when we managed to explain that we had paid for breakfast the staff at that counter were happy to serve us. We rushed back to the room to pick up our bags to get the 7'o'clock shuttle only to find it never arrived. Our flight was at 8.20. We stood at the entrance of the hotel looking out anxiously waiting for the taxi. Again it was the same receptionist as the previous night. She didn't look at us or acknowledge our anxiety in the slightest. I understand it was Christmas day, but we book transfers and hotels relying that everything will go according to plan and if not the hotel should have a plan B. By 7.40 there was no sign of a taxi at all and guests who were waiting with us were all feeling sorry for us and trying to suggest alternatives, still the receptionist didn't show any signs of urgency or even try to reassure us or try to help us out. Eventually a taxi arrived only to drop off customers, but refusing to pick up new ones as the hotel did not give them the go ahead. When the hotel did give him the go ahead, our name was not the list of guests travelling to the airport in the 7'o clock shuttle. However the taxi man took pity on u and dropped us off. Thompsons who were flying us, were wonderful and let us get on the flight with barely minutes to spare. As you can see, our booking was not acknowledged, we didn't get a cot despite booking one, waited and waited and just put the baby between us, our names weren't on the breakfast list, despite asking to make sure it was on several times, our transfer did not arrive on time and the lady at the desk didn't bother to help us at all, when the transfer arrived our name wasn't on the transfer list. Even fellow guests showed more reaction than the receptionist. I understand it is not the receptionists fault if transfers do not arrive, but it is the hotel's responsibility to make sure something else is sorted. We travel a lot, and stay at various hotels, usually the front desk staff are very efficient and receptive to the guests thoughts. This is certainly a first. Above all every room the next morning had a little present from Santa for the children hanging on the door knob and our room didn't. Our children were asking us why and we didn't know the reason either., I am not the kind of person to shout the R word at every opportunity to get what I want, we are a very successful Asian couple, we are doctors and know we communicate politely to people as we value politeness and efficiency too.. I was very disappointed with this lady's behaviour and felt there was an element of racism there. I have never rated terrible for anything before, but I have been forced to here.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Vidya V
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Dear Vidya V

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2012

Having stayed here last year and being happy with the service we booked again for this year and wasn't disappointed. Upon arrival a lovely young lady checked us in and gave us full details of hotel etc. She was lovely and a credit to Holiday Inn.!

Room was comfortable and clean, and a nice touch was the choice of pillows. Son was very happy with his bed, as normally in hotels he ends up with a camp bed, or uncomfortable sofa bed!.

We arrived about 1 ish in the afternoon and has a meal, and again another at about 7 ish, very pleased with meal, tasty and not too badly priced. The childrens menu was great value and a 3 course for about £7, which was free with an adult meal. Lovely relaxed atmosphere.
Once again breakfast was lovely, with a good selection.

Transfer to air port was great, pick up exactly on time, however transfer back was a bit confusing, phoned to say we had landed and luggage was on way off, however the luggage stopped, and we had a text to say car was on way, but we never saw this until we were out side departures, so car had been and gone and we had to phone again, so in all we probably had about a hour wait at 1 or 2 in the morning.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m glad you found your second stay with us to be just as good as the first with a comfortable room and great food. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel as soon as possible.

John Rothwell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Etrop Grange
Etrop Grange
#66 of 118 in Manchester
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!