I stayed at this hotel for a two night stay, being part of a two-day meeting with colleges, with me travelling from Denmark to be the meeting leader throughout.
On the second night a large family group checked-in very late, being placed by the hotel staff just around my room on the second floor. For an hour up until midnight, the whole place was almost on fire. When it finally settled and became quiet, it was like a split second before all hell broke loose again at 2.50 am in the middle of the night. For almost an hour it was like this being at the runway of the Airport nearby. So noisy and you would think that the walls were made of paper!
I phoned the reception at 3.15 am to let them know very clearly about this. It was a 5 minute call. I was told that I would ofcourse be compensated the next day, as I aksed for the manager to deal with this straight away.
Nothing happened on the night. The noise went on until 3.40. Nobody did anything from the hotel reception.
Next day when I checked out during a break in our meeting, I was billed the full amount. No deduction. No nothing. Not even a mention of this horrible night. I told the reception desk that this is about the worst ever stay I have had, travelling 50 days per year. They were sorry, but no action what so ever was taken.
This has to go down as totally unacceptable. I decided not to do more, simply because I did not have time to do more due to the meeting I was the organizer of. I managed to make the day. The sales people attenting were satisfied. I left for the airport and fell asleep on my way to the airport.
By the way; food was fine, both breakfast and dinner in the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Airport Inn Manchester is ideally located less than 10 minutes from Manchester Airport, and is one of the prime hotels near Manchester Airport, just south of Manchester city centre. The hotel offers exclusive Stay & Fly Packages which include on-site Manchester Airport Parking and for a small charge, a 24 hour taxi service, transporting you to and from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Airport Inn Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Manchester Airport Hotel Wilmslow
- Manchester Airport Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Wilmslow
- Wilmslow Holiday Inn
- The Airport Inn Manchester Wilmslow, Cheshire