“Decent but not great”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Toronto, Ontario
“Decent but not great”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Hotel was clean and fairly quiet. Breakfast was good. Room was fairly small and shower had very high step to get in. It worked for us as we were looking for something close to the airport for our flight the next day. However, would look for something else for a longer stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location to be perfect for your needs. I hope to welcome you back soon.

John Rothwell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Polish first
Holton Le Clay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

After 5 Stars in Turkey I know we might have been spoiled. But this hotel which was part of our parking package left a lot to be desired.

Parking - 4/5 - but would go back to Jetparks next time.

Arrival before holiday: Receptionist was young, not that helpful and a bit surly. At 4 AM i will let that go.

Return: Hotel reception was ok, at a push, but you can only have a tab with a credit card. We dont have those we use debit cards so everything has to be paid for as you go.

Room: Very small. Bathroom tiny. Would have been better with just a shower. Badly laid out.

Wife spilled water on bed as she was trying to get out in the morning, as hardly anyspace down the side and TV in the way at the top. Pulled back cover to pop towl on matress - looked like somebody had been murdered on it. Had we seen that in the evening we would have demanded another room.. Disgusting.

Food: Ok. Nothing great, but edible. Breakfast was poor. We gave up and had Mcdonalds on the way home.

Decor: Very tired. Also not that clean.

Expensive - Parking ok - but would choose either a different hotel or just Parking and grab a travel lodge on way home next time. A friend of ours later said that apparenty the Ramada is better..

Room Tip: Go to another hotel....
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to read that your brief stay with us was not to your liking. I am concerned by the comments you made about your bed and I will be sure to send someone over to your room to ensure this bed is removed.

Warwickshire
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed here overnight before our flight from Manchester. We arrived early early evening and left at 5.30am.

Location: easy to find and quick transfer to/from airport.

Room: spacious for the three of us (kid was impressed she had a double to herself), Bed had different pillow weights and you could ask for different if you wanted them. Basic amenities, tea, coffee, etc. clean, spacious, bathroom good condition. We were at the back on the first floor and had no problems with noise, etc., even though there were a good few families there at the same time as us.

Amenities: Glad we ate before we went as the prices were way too high on the menu we looked at - and not a huge variety of choice, but enough for pretty much everyone to be able to find something they like/want. We had a couple of drinks at the bar but £10 for one pint, one spirit with mixer and one coke for the kid was enough to convince us it was overpriced in the bar as well. Unfortunately there's nowhere close you could walk to for a cheaper/drink meal. If you're stopping for a morning flight I suggest eat before you go and take something to drink (whether that's soft drinks or alcohol) for consumption in the room. No wifi available (except for a (very high) price) - not really acceptable these days for somewhere that would be expected to have business guests as well. Overall I'd be comfortable to go back if flying from Manchester again, and as I know what to expect on costs so will fill up before going.

Transfers: from the hotel it's every half hour in the appropriate taxi/minibus so make sure you set your alarm(s)/book your alarm call! Coming back you are given a number to call, the service was good but you come out of the building and phone expecting them to pick you up from there, but the pick up is from the departures area which is a floor above (strangely they have a two-tier drive-in system) - there's usually plenty of time to get back inside, get to the lift area and go up and out to the pick up area for the taxi/minibus back to the hotel. Once back at the hotel you get the car park barrier codes from reception and can get in your car to go home - easy.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel before flying from Manchester Airport in early September. Their offer includes a shuttle to and from the airport. We arrived on a Friday evening when there was a wedding on and we panicked that we wouldn't get any sleep as it was due to go on until 1am. We were in room 001, right next to the party and we had to be up at 3am.

We went to the bar and had a couple of drinks and something to eat. All served promptly, and exactly what you would expect for reasonable prices. We went to bed at around 11pm and hoped for the best. Once in our room, there was only the very faintest of noise murmurs, only there if you really listened hard. We slept solidly until 3am.

When we went to check out at 3.30am, Mike was on Reception and he was most courteous and even made me a cup of tea before we were picked up.

All in all, a great hotel for an airport hotel with ample, if a little crowded, car parking.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marie N
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed our Park and Fly package and found that we served good food at a reasonable price. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon and I will pass your kind words onto Mike.

England
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We booked this hotel for an overnight stay prior to flying from Manchester. The room was comfortable and cleanish, a vacuum around the edges of the carpet was needed but everything else was ok. After reading other reviews we weren't sure what to expect but it was ok and suited our needs. I wouldn't choose to stay here for any other purpose than an overnight stop off for the airport. The rooms were reasonably quiet even though the airport is close and you can hear the flights taking off outside. Checking in was a bit slow and there was a large queue. Food in the bar was good quality and reasonably priced but a bit basic, I chose the hamburger and chips and it was extremely filling. All of the staff were friendly and helpful.
The pool area looked very nice but we didn't get chance to use it. We used the park and fly service which was good for leaving the hotel to the airport but we were not impressed with the return, you have to find a specific spot out of the airport and then the minibus arrived 15 minutes after we had been told to expect it. Last thing you need when it has turned cold and you are tired. this hotel would not be my first choice to use again but I would if I couldn't find anything else.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am pleased to read that you were impressed with your stay and found everything to your liking. I am sorry there were some issues concerning your returning journey on the shuttle bus and I will be sure to bring this up with the company who run it. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Very nice quiet location the night before our flight. Much nicer than staying directly at the airport and only a 5 min drive. Pool area was lovely and relaxing. Theres a really nice pub called the honey bee just up the road. We should have stayed there to eat because the hotel food was awful, really bland and not worth the money. Hotel staff were friendly enough and the room was adequate.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found our team members and leisure facilities to be wonderful. I am sorry you didn’t enjoy your meals with us and I will be sure to discuss your comments with our chef. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Had I created a time machine and gone back in time to 1988 I think I would have enjoyed my stay how're it being 2013 I did not
The hotel is very dated in a way that will never become classic and the facilities are terrible no wi Fi working in a supposedly business serving hotel

The food was awful all day and I could not wait to leave to seek something edible others on courses were being quite vocal at the standards

To add I traveled over for a course at the hotel and its the only reason I stayed I was booked in to a premiere inn an hour down the road for the job I was working on and had I known the standard of the hotel I would have driven over instead

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed in your stay with us and found our hotel to not be at the standard you’d expect us to be. I have taken your comments into consideration and I will be sure to discuss these at length with all members of our team.

John Rothwell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Etrop Grange
Etrop Grange
#68 of 118 in Manchester
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Best Western Plus Manchester Airport Wilmslow Pinewood Hotel

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!