“Not a goood start to my holiday!”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
west yorkshire uk
“Not a goood start to my holiday!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

My daughter and I decided to stay at the Holiday Inn prior to our early departure to Spain next morning. When we arrived by car the long stay car park is at the back of the hotel and the lighting is very poor with lots of trees and bushes around, glad I was not on my own. Following directions we entered the hotel from the car park but then no signage to it, At reception there was a long queue and a long wait, only one girl on duty but doing her best. Our room was up several steps, so beware if you have a heavy suitcase! We decided to have a drink in the bar area but after a long wait, one person serving again, he could not get our order correct, and the prices are very expensive, needless to say we only had one drink. The room was small and extremely hot and even with the windows open sleeping was very uncomfortable. Our transfer to the aiport by Club Cars was fine, but on our return we rang the company as requested and told our pick up time from departures, we waited and no pickup, rang Club Cars I was told that the driver was at Terminal 1 and would be with us in 10 sceonds, 10 minutes later he finally arrived, in total 20 minutes late. The driver thought that he was a racing car driver, really glad to return to pick up my car and go home. I would not recommend staying here based on our experience.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ladybanker55
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed by your time with us and found that although some aspects of your stay were good, others let it down. I will share your review with our hotel team to see what can be done to improve and ensure that this does not happen again.

John Rothwell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Polish first
Hereford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here as part of a park and stay before flying off from Manchester airport. We have done this many times from Manchester staying in spa hotels as like to relax in the spa the day before flying. This is the best spa hotel we have yet to stay in in this area. We could not fault the spa. The hotel bar and restaurant are great with a good value for money offer on in the restaurant. The room was quite small but only for one night so not a problem. Pick up in the morning went well and on time. Collection when we came back ok a bit confusing as a lot of pick ups from the same taxi company but would only take you by name so had to wait a while but overall not too bad.
I would use this service again.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us.

I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed everything you experienced at the hotel and I’m delighted that you would happily return. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel prior to an early morning flight from Manchester Airport and included in our nights stay was 15 nights car parking!

Check in by the friendly staff was both quick and easy and were given a form to complete and return to reception once complete. The form asked questions with regards to our transfer to the airport, what time we'd like a wake up call and what time we'd like to be transferred to the airport.

It was explained where to park our car for the duration of our holiday, the parking space we chose was just a couple of minutes from the hotel front door.

The room we were given was the usual size with a double bed, sofa, and a nice sized TV. The room was spotlessly clean and in a good state of repair. All the ingredients for a pleasant nights sleep.

We didn't experience any other hotel facilities.

The wake up call arrived and we arrived in reception with 10 minutes prior to the shuttle bus due time (we were informed by reception that the shuttle is every 30 minutes).

The transfer was quick (just a tad over 5 minutes) by a friendly driver.

On return we called the number on the ticket, which was given on check in at the hotel and we were swiftly collected and returned to the hotel and straight into our car and away!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to be to your liking with our Park and Fly package. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed here as part of a Fly and stay prior to my two week holiday.Check in was smooth and minimum fuss.My room was on the ground floor and I thought was quite big, clean and quiet.My wake up call came as requested at 3.20am and a basic breakfast was available in the dining room.I do agree with other reviews that the cost of the Restaurant meals is quite high but as I was travelling alone I didn't really want to go to the local pub. the taxi also arrived early next morning.The whole experience especially for a lone female traveller was good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Mandolin1955
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this review, 8 October 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you found our Park and Fly package to be excellent and our hotel clean and quiet. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed one night (Thursday 12 September) as part of a fly/drive package holiday. I've stayed in a number of Holiday Inns on business and would only rate this one as average based on the size of the double room - it was barely a converted single. The one thing that always annoys me is food prices in these hotels - £16 for fish and chips - particularly when there was an excellent pub less than a mile away who served 2 superb meals (inc drinks) for just over £15. Wasn't surprising that the Restaurant at the Holiday Inn was almost empty and it's time these hotel chains realised that people aren't prepared to pay this sort of money for food.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and our hotel offered everything you needed. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Central Portugal, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

We parked our car here whilst on two week holiday. It was easy to find from motorway. Friendly welcoming staff, no fuss or hassle parked up got a drink filled in paperwork. Quick and easy and got taken to airport, just minutes away.

Returned two weeks later at around 4.45 am to and warm welcome after phoning the arranged number for taxi. Very helpful young man on reception desk. Room was nice cosy clean and bed very comfy. Bathroom and shower were great. Got a few hours sleep and were waved off back home. Fabulous experience, well worth it. From past experience I think we've paid more just to park at Manchester airport. Obviously cannot comment about spa etc or breakfast as we didn't use the facilities. Recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: They do have smoking rooms if you request.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you found our hotel and team members to be excellent and everything you needed after a holiday. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Booked via an agent as a fly park and stay deal. Arrived at 2am this morning, with 3 cases and a toddler. Allocated a room which was only accessible by 3 flights of stairs, not ideal with luggage and a toddler. Despite making a special request on booking for a cot there wasn't one. This was quickly rectified. When we went to climb into our bed we were greeted by stains, another call to reception and the bed was remade. In the morning we were woken by light streaming through the holey curtains. The shower had no power, more like a dripping tap. Went to breakfast, shown to a dirty table, this was cleaned when asked. The floor was also filthy in the breakfast area. Breakfast standard buffet for a hotel. We raised our concerns with reception in check out and were informed we had to take it up with our booking agent!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank LSilm
Dear guest,

I am very sorry to read that your time with us was not what you expected. I have taken extensive notes from your review and I will be sure to mention it to our hotel team. In the meantime I would like you to contact me on gm.himanchester@qmh-hotels.com should you wish to discuss anything further.

John Rothwell

Travellers are raving about these Wilmslow hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!