“wedding yes , stay no !”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed 6 October 2013

stayed at this hotel for a wedding a couple of weeks ago , ill start by saying the wedding , and the reception were first rate . the staff couldn't do enough for you , the buffet was lovely and the breakfast the following morning were excellent . my gripe is with the room , it was shabby and i had a bigger box room when i was a youngster . the view was of a moss covered roof with air conditioning units and the roof was full of cigarette ends and cotton buds . when i had a shower the sign said put the shower curtain inside the bath .......what shower curtain ? also an empty box of tissues and 3/4 of a toilet roll .when i booked i asked could we book in a couple of hours earlier than the 14:00 checking in time as we were travelling for four hours and was told that that this would not be a problem but when we turned up at the time i had stated the room was not ready and after the four hour drive we had to wait a further hour for our room , it was a pity it wasn't wort the wait .all in all would recomend this place to go for a wedding but dont stay , hope this helps .

Room Tip: don't stay !
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peter c
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you found the wedding you attended to be excellent and our team members to be wonderful. I am sorry to read that you found your room to be in a less than perfect condition and I wish you had said something about it while you were with us. I will be sure so share your review with our hotel team to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

John Rothwell

Write a ReviewReviews (1,412)

Reviewed 4 October 2013

in a nutshell staff very friendly room comfortable price alittle bit on the high side parking ok meal & drink prices realy expensive!! £1.75 for adash of lemonade in my wifes wine need i say any more . we would stay again but could you please drothe prices alittle to make it pocket friendly

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and we will take your comments into consideration. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed here for one night, this September 2013 fyling in and out of the USA. This was a return visit, one year later.
Staff were decidely ordinary. This time around I stayed on the first floor, where a wedding party was shouting and swearing half the night in the corridorThe taxi service run in conjunction with the hotel is poor; drivers won't load on/ load off bags (take a lesson from the USA here, where service is paramount where drivers get out and do it, as it ensures a tip)

All in all I could not help but think that standards have fallen in the past 12 months. I shall be finding somewhere else, next time I fly. Not recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,

I am sorry to read that you didn’t enjoy your time with us. I have taken notes from your review and I will be sure to share them with our hotel team so we can assess what may have changed in the past year.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

My daughter and I decided to stay at the Holiday Inn prior to our early departure to Spain next morning. When we arrived by car the long stay car park is at the back of the hotel and the lighting is very poor with lots of trees and bushes around, glad I was not on my own. Following directions we entered the hotel from the car park but then no signage to it, At reception there was a long queue and a long wait, only one girl on duty but doing her best. Our room was up several steps, so beware if you have a heavy suitcase! We decided to have a drink in the bar area but after a long wait, one person serving again, he could not get our order correct, and the prices are very expensive, needless to say we only had one drink. The room was small and extremely hot and even with the windows open sleeping was very uncomfortable. Our transfer to the aiport by Club Cars was fine, but on our return we rang the company as requested and told our pick up time from departures, we waited and no pickup, rang Club Cars I was told that the driver was at Terminal 1 and would be with us in 10 sceonds, 10 minutes later he finally arrived, in total 20 minutes late. The driver thought that he was a racing car driver, really glad to return to pick up my car and go home. I would not recommend staying here based on our experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ladybanker55

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

I am sorry to read that you were disappointed by your time with us and found that although some aspects of your stay were good, others let it down. I will share your review with our hotel team to see what can be done to improve and ensure that this does not happen again.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stayed here as part of a park and stay before flying off from Manchester airport. We have done this many times from Manchester staying in spa hotels as like to relax in the spa the day before flying. This is the best spa hotel we have yet to stay in in this area. We could not fault the spa. The hotel bar and restaurant are great with a good value for money offer on in the restaurant. The room was quite small but only for one night so not a problem. Pick up in the morning went well and on time. Collection when we came back ok a bit confusing as a lot of pick ups from the same taxi company but would only take you by name so had to wait a while but overall not too bad.
I would use this service again.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us.

I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed everything you experienced at the hotel and I’m delighted that you would happily return. I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel prior to an early morning flight from Manchester Airport and included in our nights stay was 15 nights car parking!

Check in by the friendly staff was both quick and easy and were given a form to complete and return to reception once complete. The form asked questions with regards to our transfer to the airport, what time we'd like a wake up call and what time we'd like to be transferred to the airport.

It was explained where to park our car for the duration of our holiday, the parking space we chose was just a couple of minutes from the hotel front door.

The room we were given was the usual size with a double bed, sofa, and a nice sized TV. The room was spotlessly clean and in a good state of repair. All the ingredients for a pleasant nights sleep.

We didn't experience any other hotel facilities.

The wake up call arrived and we arrived in reception with 10 minutes prior to the shuttle bus due time (we were informed by reception that the shuttle is every 30 minutes).

The transfer was quick (just a tad over 5 minutes) by a friendly driver.

On return we called the number on the ticket, which was given on check in at the hotel and we were swiftly collected and returned to the hotel and straight into our car and away!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to be to your liking with our Park and Fly package. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed here as part of a Fly and stay prior to my two week holiday.Check in was smooth and minimum fuss.My room was on the ground floor and I thought was quite big, clean and quiet.My wake up call came as requested at 3.20am and a basic breakfast was available in the dining room.I do agree with other reviews that the cost of the Restaurant meals is quite high but as I was travelling alone I didn't really want to go to the local pub. the taxi also arrived early next morning.The whole experience especially for a lone female traveller was good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Mandolin1955
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased to read that you found our Park and Fly package to be excellent and our hotel clean and quiet. I hope to welcome you back soon.

John Rothwell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!