“Overnight stay before early morning flight”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed 27 October 2013

As we had a relatively early check in at Manchester Airport, we chose this hotel due to it's close proximity. As my partner is a 'Priority Club' member & had sufficient points for an overnight stay, there was no charge for the room. How pleased we were! Although on arrival the young lady on reception was extremely pleasant & helpful, we immediately felt the hotel was 'tired'. When entering our room we were very disappointed, so much so that I felt like going straight home! The room was so small with the bed on one side almost against the wall. My partner rang down to reception to speak to the Manager. My partner insisted on moving to another room which the Manager then agreed to. This was so much larger with a settee & it felt to be recently refurbished. We had a light meal in the bar which was fine. Would we stay there again, no we'd stay at the Crown Plaza at the Airport where we've stayed on a couple of occasions.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
JRothwell, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Elizabeth E

Thank you for your review. We allocate rooms on what was originally booked by our guests. The room you were first allocated is one of our standard double rooms. The room you were moved to was one of our family rooms as the sofa you describe are sofa beds. This was only offered due to availability, however these rooms are often fully booked in advance. We do have executive rooms available which are similar size to the family room, these are available for an additional £20 should you wish to consider using us in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed here for one night before a holiday, room was plesant, space for case etc, staff helpfull, taxi to and from airport in a new coach, driver chatty. You move ur car to back carpark and take ur keys. When came back you just get a code and away you go. Yes I would stay here again as not expensive.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear thecleaner29

Thank you for your review, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times and would go back. Rooms are comfortable and well equipped, staff have been pleasant and helpful. I've stayed in standard and executive rooms, both are perfectly adequate but not particularly large. OK for a short stay but I wouldn't want to spend more than a couple of nights in either. Food can be unpredictable, on my recent stay dinner was good, reasonable portion sizes and seemed to be fresh, however breakfast was a let down,whilst there was a reasonable choice of hot and cold food, the "hot" food was just about warm and appeared to have been there quite a while. Apart from breakfast the only other let down was my neighbour who insisted on sharing his business phone calls with the rest of the hotel until 00.15. If you stayed in room 227 on the night of the 21/10/13 and reading this, you don't have to be loudly enthusiastic, quietly confident works just as well.

Would I stay here again - Yes

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear CPC84

Thank you for writing your review and for your return business. I have forwarded your comments onto my food and beverage manager to review our breakfast buffet operation

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed as I had an early flight the next morning , ordered room service as I checked in and it arrived in my room 10 minutes after me Handy for the Airport , but not on the airport. Great staff and a good Breakfast
Room was clean and the parking was well lit and near reception ..

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at The Airport Inn Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very pleased to read that everything was to your liking and you thoroughly enjoyed our transfer service. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed here in Sept 13 because I was attending a wedding here. I phoned the hotel in advance and asked whether I could get into my room before the wedding ceremony at 2. They said official check in time didn't start until 2 so they couldn't promise me but they would do their best as they were aware of which guests were part of the wedding. In the end the room wasn't ready so I went back when I could during the wedding and was given a key. When I got to the room it was an absolute tip and clear that it hadn't yet been cleaned - it was 4pm by this point.
I complained and eventually got a key for a room which had been cleaned but all of the hassle and traipsing up and down stairs meant that I missed a good hour of the wedding.
The room itself was very small and a bit old and tatty - it was clean but just looked in need of a refurb.
Breakfast was pleasant and included a full cooked option if you wanted it.
When I return to my room before the 11am check out time I found that the front desk had already deactivated my key even though all of my stuff was inside. In the end a passing cleaner let me in.

This place is fine but the service and disorganisation lets it down.

Room Tip: If you are staying before an early flight ask for a high floor. You can hear the wedding disco from...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that you found our hotel to be good but I am sorry you found there was issues with your keys and housekeeping. I will be sure to discuss your review with our team members to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Standard Holiday Inn accommodation. We spent the night at the hotel and flew out the next morning. Good minibus service to Airport. Given details on arrival at Airport as to how to call up minibus when arrived back. The best feature was that the car was parked adjacent to the hotel and not in a field miles away

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We have stayed in Holiday Inns before, but this one did not live up to expectations. The room was quite small, but the worst bit was the bed was almost up against the wall at one side, it made it very difficult to get in and out of that side, not good. We ate in the bar, the prices are the same whether you eat in the bar or restaurant. We ordered a side salad, but were charged for a full salad, it took a while to get them to refund the money. The transfer to the airport was good on our outbound journey, but upon our arrival back to Manchester Airport, it took two phone calls and a 35 minute wait before we were picked up. The taxi driver also dropped us directly outside the hotel on our return, so quite a walk with cases to collect our car. There are much better hotels in the area and we would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am sorry to read that you didn’t enjoy your time with us and you found your room to be small. I am very sorry for the mix up during your meal but I’m pleased it was sorted in the end.

John Rothwell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!