“Alright for a put me up!”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The hotel was very clean and tidy. The staff was very pleasant and helpful.
Drinks at the bar are quiet expensive, also the food is a little bit. However, the food is enjoyable.
We went to stay overnight before our flight to Malta so overall the experience in the hotel was alright.
However the bedrooms are only small, so I'm glad we wasn't staying a week.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Airport Inn Manchester

Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

I'm not adverse to budget hotels when in transit regularly choosing Premier Inn. It appears that what Premier Inn does with apparent ease is totally beyond this establishment. When checking in we were advised that no family rooms were available so we would have to to have two twin rooms meaning that my wife and young daughter would share a room whilst I would have a room to myself. We were however assured that the rooms would be next to each other. If next to each other translates to halfway down the hallway then I'm a monkey's uncle. We decided therefore to move the mattress from my room to my wife and daughters room to make our own family room, BIG mistake! Moving the furniture stirred up such a dust storm that it nearly triggered an asthma attack apparently a regular vacuum is not on the housekeepers to do list. Other gripes are the lack of a lift servicing half of the hotel, the inflated bar prices and the total lack of interest any of the staff have in providing any service to their guests.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pab321a
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the night before we flew and thought we had found a good place upon first glance, how wrong can a person be?
The reception area is all glossy and looks fine, the staff are helpful and friendly but thats where the good bits end.
The food menu is vastly overpriced and the quality and taste are complete rubbish.
The rooms are very small, grubby and well past there best before date, certainly a non starter even for an airport hotel.
Look elsewhere and it won't be hard to find a much MUCH better place to stay.

1  Thank fly_high01
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed once again at this hotel on the weekend of 17th and 18th January, 2014. We usually stay at this hotel approximately 3 to 4 times a year, sometimes either side of our holidays abroad, and sometimes just for a couple of nights break away.

On this occasion we stayed for my birthday. On arrival we were greeted by Jeff in reception who recognised us as a regular visitor and check-in was very quick and efficient. We stayed in a king bed room which provided for all our needs.

The once thing that attracts us to this hotel is the fantastic leisure centre it has - the pool, gym, jacuzzi, sauna, and steam room are available to all guests who are staying in the hotel and I must say that this pool is the warmest pool I have ever been in, in the UK. It's an absolute pleasure.

The first night we went out of the hotel for dinner, but the second night we decided to stay in the hotel. The fish and chips we had were delicious and plentiful. Service was quick and efficient. The buffet breakfast was lovely, with a full choice of hot cooked items, cereals, fruit, yogurt, fruit juices, coffee/tea, Danish pastries, toast, etc.

We had a few small niggles and I decided to e-mail the General Manager direct with them who assured me that he would address to the appropriate departments.

It was on his reply that I was informed that the hotel would be transferring to the Britannia group and I was totally shocked at this news. I am disappointed that I will not be able to collect Reward points on our stay there anymore, and also have found that the Britannia web-site isn't as clear as the Holiday Inn web-site for booking.

I hope that the hotel sorts out any problems with the new transition from Holiday Inn to the Britannia hotel group and that we will still consider staying there as it has been one of our favourite "2nd homes" in the past.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisDeanCastleford
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Fund the hotel easy enough.Reception very friendly and put our skis and large bags in luggage room,but oh! The room was so small cat swinging totally out of the question,the bathroom was so small and the bath too tiny for none but a small child it was ridiculous.The lounge area was so cold we had to get into the dining room before we froze.The meal was excellent but we only had the fish and chips and it was superb.On our return the transport couldn't get the ski bag in so a long wait.Would only go again for the meal.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Arrived at the hotel on the 23rd of January and was told it is no longer a Holiday Inn and switching to Hotel Britannia. Everything seemed chaotic, however, the staff were doing their best to help. Wifi was down for about 2 hours, which got me upset, but it looked like they were changing suppliers. Wifi vouchers were for 1 hour only, I had several devices to connect, was given 10 vouchers to use over the 2 days I stayed there. (Got a couple of 24 hour passes on the 2nd night)

Hotel is in need of refurbishment. Room felt cramped, mattress was a little lumpy. Possibly this will happen with the change of brand. Was going to give this 2 stars, but the staff were excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I booked this hotel on the 21st January and on 23rd January (the day before my stay) I received an email informing me this is no longer part of the IHG Group but the hotel will still be able to honor my reservation as I had originally booked it with IHG; however, they will be unable to offer IHG Rewards Club points and benefits! I did have the option to cance but they had already taken my payment and other hotels in the area had gone up in price!

We have stayed here in the past just for convenience and had started to notice it was beginning to look tired and in need of refurbishment.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!