The Airport Inn Manchester
US$148
US$133
Hotels.com
The Wilmslow Lodge(Wilmslow)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$133
US$70
US$88
US$84
Alderley Edge Hotel(Alderley Edge)
US$120
US$116
US$234
Kingsley Lodge(Wilmslow)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Bar/Lounge
1,457 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We stayed overnight here in mid January . I can't find anything to complain about and I am one fussy customer who likes the fine things in life! On arrival the receptionist was very pleasant and helpful. We had booked a standard king size room which was on the ground floor- no extra frills! It was very clean and comfortable and as we were able to open the window we had a comfortable temperature in the room and slept well. Our friends had rooms on the 2nd floor and said they were too hot and didn't sleep that well ! Car parking was on site and secure which was an added bonus and transfer to and from the airport was included in the price and was well organised. Dinner was reasonable and the staff were very pleasant- the same at breakfast. For an airport hotel this was just what we needed and would certainly return. Can't understand the negative comments.I have given 4 stars instead of 5 only because it's not 5* luxury but it's certainly worth the 4.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 14- good size, huge bed and very clean. Also not too hot which our friends experienced on the 2nd floor. Also quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank bandylegs
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Travelled to the Holiday Inn Manchester Airport on business as the normal hotel I stay at was fully booked. First impressions were OK but then it all went down hill from there. The corridors smelt of wee and then I walked in my room which I must say my bathroom at home is bigger than the room and en-suite put together. During my first night the fire alarm sounded at 11pm and 4am. At the 11pm alarm we all had to make our way out for a false alarm. No apology from the hotel or a complementary drink. Thankfully at 4am the alarm only sounded for a few seconds.

The next night after a busy day at work and arriving to the restaurant just after 9pm which closed at 9:30pm I was met by one of the rudest members of staff who tutted at everything and then when my colleagues arrived around 9:20 she got even worse.

If your a borrower or a hobbit then you'll find the rooms of an OK size if your like me of average height I suggest looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Beatboxbumblebee
Reviewed 3 February 2014

HOLIDAY INN MANCHESTER AIRPORT-NOW MANCHESTER AIRPORT HOTEL-AIRPORT INN

(Days after I booked with Holiday Inn, the Britannia Hotel Group purchased Holiday Inn)

I arranged accommodation over the weekend of the 24th January to 26th January to be present at the 'Speakman' seminar taking place at that time. I confirmed more than once (both by email and phone) with the reservation staff, that the hotel and facilities were acceptable, because of my health situation. That was, the ability to use my mobile phone and or laptop and clear and easy access to the conference.

On arrival at Manchester Airport I contacted the hotel to make arrangements for the transfer vehicle. I was told to cross the road and stand under the 'Clock Tower' and await the shuttle. No vehicle came and I phoned again. And again. And again. And again. And then the hotel said they would dispatch a taxi. And time passed. Again and again. A total of ninety minutes, by which time I was soaked to the skin. Sitting outside in my wheelchair, as I was told to, in case I missed the driver.

A completer stranger, who was concerned for my welfare, seeing me crying, came over and insisted he took me to the hotel, which tuned out to be one he was aware of and had used in the past.Terrified, soaking and very much out of my own secure surroundings, all I received in reply to my questions about the lack of transport, was a row of shrugged shoulders. And then directly afterwards, presented with the check-in details to be completed. A silly member of staff wrongly assumed an alcoholic drink would help. How crass can some people be.

It was then I discovered the room was not straightforward for a disabled person to be able to come and go,as they please. It was, to my horror, one that I would have to wait, at the beck and call of reception staff, to go anywhere, as they required to operate a lift to the basement to get me out. Not at all what I needed, or indeed had communicated beforehand to confirm. By this time I was becoming traumatised, crying and completed disillusioned by the disappointment of events so far, and the hotel's lack of foresight. And then to be told, unbelievably, the seminar was taking place in a completely inaccessible location for wheelchair users.

Because I was so exhausted, disappointed and tired through making contact with my parents during the early hours of the morning, I was far from fit, or capable, of attending the seminar. Various delegates rallied round to comfort and console me, and indeed, the very seminar providers agreed to drive me home to my parent's home, back in Scotland, that very evening. How comforting, but at the same time, how embarrassing.

Was there any form of apology from any member of the staff. Any form in the slightest. Any degree of empathy. Any degree of comfort, or anyone showing any form of humanity. No, shamefully, NOT in the slightest.

Subsequently, because of this unbelievable lack of care, which I need not remind you of the ethos of providing accommodation, I charge your company with reimbursing my total expenditure for this week-end, and an additional amount again, for the disgraceful way your company and staff behaved towards me, leaving me unable to even eat, with the gross upset.

Right just now, I do not think that is being unreasonable, given the circumstances. A disabled room at premium rates that almost bordered on discrimination, because of my health restrictions being trapped until staff members were available. Staff I should say, by my initial impression, were one's of an uncaring and dismissive attitude.

Sadly, the staff at the old Holiday Inn Manchester Airport are the SAME as the staff in the newly overtaken Britannia Group, trading as The Manchester Airport Hotel and funnily enough, the Airport Inn Manchester. All the SAME hotel.

Room Tip: If you are disabled, and need assistance, perhaps with some help, because you have experienced some form of minor disaster, give this hotel a miss. The staff not welcoming, have absolutely no empathy at all, and frankly should not be in the hospitality profession.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2014

we have used this hotel many times, thenight before our early flight next day,and the location is very good. We probably won't stay again,as our room this time was the smallest room we've ever had. Just not enough room for us and our luggage. It was clearly only designed for a single and that's pushing it. transport to the airport was good, but our sleep was not comfortable or restful,glad to get out next morning for an early flight. The premier Inn is much better. so we know what to do next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The hotel was very clean and tidy. The staff was very pleasant and helpful.
Drinks at the bar are quiet expensive, also the food is a little bit. However, the food is enjoyable.
We went to stay overnight before our flight to Malta so overall the experience in the hotel was alright.
However the bedrooms are only small, so I'm glad we wasn't staying a week.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple