“Small,disappointing room.”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Small,disappointing room.”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Although staff were friendly and the hotel was clean, we are so disappointed with the room. On the third floor and the lift only goes to the second floor! The room is tiny with a three quarter bed tight against a wall because there is so little space. Pool £5 per person. Never written a poor review before. So disappointed, wanted a restful night before our flight...no chance, feel penned in.

Room Tip: Check you're not on a floor with lift access and that you have at least room to swing a mouse!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CaroleCymru

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Polish first
Morpeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We needed somewhere to stay before an early flight, this seemed ideal as we would be able to leave the car and use their taxi transfer service. The room was ok, clean and comfortable - served its purpose, as did the bathroom. Take your own shampoo and shower gel as only little bar of soap is provided - rather mean. As other reviewer has said. the staff do an awful lot of chatting amongst themselves but were pleasant enough if you could attract their attention! We booked transport to airport for 7 a.m. and made the effort to be downstairs with our luggage in good time, but the minibus did not arrive until 7.10, and did not leave until 7.25 after unexplained faffing about and waiting for numerous other passengers who arrived in dribs and drabs. EXTREMELY ANNOYING. No explanation, no apologies. On our way back the taxi stopped a little way away from the drop off point as some considerate person was waiting there in a car - we didn't know where he would stop or what the vehicle would look like but did the driver leave his seat to call us? Not a chance. I don't know what would have happened if we hadn't asked. Again, no apology, totally charmless. We had the right number for the exits from the carparks, though the bloke in front hadn't - we were able to tell him the numbers we had.
I don't think we'll be using this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Norton850
Darlington (uk)
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I had stayed at this hotel a few times over the past few years whilst it was a Holiday Inn and it was always OK for a one night stay and parking. It seems the hotel has gone into a bit of decline over the past year or so and has been taken on by Britannia, and from my experience Britannia appear to take declining hotels and then let them decline further squeezing out the remaining profit. This did nothing to change my opinion.

On arrival the check in was not too good, the gentleman behind at reception gave me my room key, but explained nothing about the car parking or airport transfer service until I prompted it. I asked for a wake-up call at 4.00am which never came until 4.30 (thankfully we were up anyway, had we relied on that we may have been cutting fine to get to our fight) and the car park exit code he gave me never worked on my return.

The room itself served its purpose but was well worn as is the hotel in general, as I say on a downward spiral.

We went to the bar and I wish I hadn’t bothered as the bar staff are clearly not properly trained either, after ordering a pint of beer the guy went to the tap which just sprayed out froth and instead of going to get another glass simply filled the half frothy glass up from another tap swilled the beer around and filled it again (I realise this may appear to be a pointless moan but the fact is it does rather spoil the beer).

Throughout I found the staff to be rather dis-interested in the customers and happy to stand around talking about the night out with their mates and so on. This was certainly true on my return when I got stuck at the car park barrier and went in to ask for the code, I must have been invisibly stood at reception for a good few minutes whilst the two receptionists finished gassing about celebrity mags and so on.

On the whole this was a decent hotel at one point but I won’t be returning and indeed will avoid Britannia hotels until they sort out they race to the bottom approach to business.

2 Thank graemeboro
Bucknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Luckily booked via Expedia Deep Discount otherwise I would have been somewhat disgruntled.

Clean place but room a bit small. Staff friendly but disorganised. Check in slow and wrong.

Didn't have my details correct although it was prepaid.

Bar food good but a bit expensive and staff didn't know how to use a debit card. To be fair the girl was friendly and in her first week so where was her supervisor.

Good location and parking. OK for one night but that's about all

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Robert B
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed at this before our 1 week holiday to tunisia ,we had an early flight so it was ideal able to park the car in the price enjoyed a fantastic meal in the restaurant will definitely use the hotel free taxi to and from airport check it out

1 Thank Peter B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Chaos at check in - first impression was the the last impression. Receptionist let two people push in front of me in the que whilst not even acknowledging people were getting frutrated - when the phone rang she answered it Holiday Inn (the previous occupant of the site) when it was eventually our turn the hotel had no confirmation and it apparently wasn't her fault that I booked third party and it was my issue to sort, not great service. Thankfully after being in the line for nearly 45 minutes the Reservations Manager (who should come out more as her presence would undoubtedly improve the FOH experience!) came to the Receptionists rescue and promptly checked us in and offered to sort everything out. The rooms are very tired and with a bit of TLC the hotel could be something really nice. Yes the room rates are good - but for the similar price the Premier Inn's on the Cargo Centre are cleaner, fresher, more up to date and better value than this property.

Bristol
Reviewed 25 March 2014

From a fairly cheerless "welcome", a tiny bathroom and a problem with my bill on check out - and over £7 for a lukewarm glass of wine in the bar - nothing would induce me to come back here.

Room £85 b & b - quite cheap - £8 taxi to airport also ok.

There are better options

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Etrop Grange
Etrop Grange
#69 of 116 in Manchester

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!