“Hassle free stay park and transfers”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night pre flight got deal including parking and transfers. Arrived check in simple and no problems, receptionist explained re transfers and we were given form to fill out. Had to move car into long stay car park behind hotel and given codes for getting out on return ( car park extremely dark during night no lighting). Room was small, a bit hot but clean. Went down to bar for few drinks and some tea, my partners curry was nice but my fish was not brill but that's probably me being fussy lol. Dint get great nights sleep room hot a noisy not sure if it was air con unit but something was making a din. ( plus think we were both excited about kid free break lol). We had put on form for a 5 am transfer which hotel arranged, when we got to reception early there were few taxi drivers there and seemed people had not got up so got taken early. Sorted. On our return rang taxi number on ticket issued women told us where to wait and within ten min taxi arrived, ten min to hotel and then dark walk to get car. Simple straight forward and overall was cheap so can't complain too much.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nursey1980
Write a ReviewReviews (1,396)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I didn't fancy the two hour journey home from Manchester airport so I booked a single night here. I wish I hadn't bothered. Arriving at 21:30 we checked in to a 'shoe box' room which was dated and tired looking. After the flight I headed for the bar while my partner took a bath with the intention of a late meal through room service. I had to ask for a tab to be opened as this wasn't offered at check in at which point I was told room service would only be available for another hour, curtailing both my drink in the bar and my partners bath. The food we ordered was great! (the only positive I'm afraid). The double bed was so close to the wall it couldn't be accessed from both sides. The blackout curtains were short and the curtains were fixed and didn't close leaving a strip of light across the bottom of the window altogether an awful nights sleep.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here before our holiday to Domincan republic and I can say I am a huge critic but this place was lovely staff where really pleasant and bent over backwards to help you yes the hotel is very basic but please do you really need luxury when your using it before your holiday?
You get what you pay for and with parking and transfers to the airport I think it's great value!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank K4SG
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for one night with 15 days parking before flying to Mexico. Check in process was very efficient. A form has to be filled in to book a transfer to the airport and you are given vouchers for the transfer to and from the airport. Minibus took us to the airport and we were picked up by taxi. Again, all very efficient. Hotel was comfortable and quiet. Would definitely stay here again if using Manchester airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nigel H
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Booked a package at this hotel for our family of 3 including evening meal, breakfast, parking and travel to airport.

Initially the room we booked only slept two so reception had to change it which was fine as we were early but at about 7pm there was a queue at reception with similiar complaints.

The evening meal in the dining room was not worth pre booking, meals are served all day and are cheaper in the bar. Hot breakfast is served at 6am but it didn't come out until actually 6.15am. Parking and travel to airport was absolutely spot on so cant fault that. If you walk over the bridge a little way you can view the planes on the runway which is a bonus. Overall the hotel was adequate but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel was nice and room was clean and had everything needed for a nights stay before holiday. After a 9 hour flight had to wait 30 Mins for taxi and then when arrived at hotel the staff hadn't gave us both codes for the gates. Had to return to hotel again to find out staff had 'forgot' to give us 2nd code. Very disappointed and will not b returning as last thing you want after long flight is this sort of messing about.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gemma M
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here on return from our holiday. Were picked up by cab at airport(included in price of room price). Bed was massive, so big i couldnt tell my husband was in the bed!! The only thing i would say is, my two teens slept on the sofa bed which i woyld say is only suitable for small kids. Perhaps next time would chose two rooms. Breakfast was lovely with just about anything you could wish for! Would certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank aardaen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!