I stayed at this hotel 2 or 3 years ago when it was part of the Holiday Inn chain. It was simple but clean and reasonable value (considering it close to the airport) and I had a pleasant stay.
Needing to be in the area again, I guessed I would find it similar this time, despite noting that it was no longer owned by Holiday Inn, but the Britannia organisation.
How wrong could I be!
On check-in, instead of a welcoming greeting, the young lady continued to finish whatever she was doing before looking up at me, unsmiling, "Do you want something?" - I almost could not believe what I was hearing!
My room was on the first floor, up a lift that sounded in pain. The room itself was a mix of OK and poor - the bathroom (very small) was clean as was the bedding, but the room itself had a stained carpet, torn net curtains and a view to the rear overlooking a flat roof that was covered in rubbish and cigarette stubs.
The hotel is advertised as having a pool and leisure complex, but I could find no information about this in the room, nor in the public areas. It seems as if it now run as a totally separate facility, if at all.
Without my luggage, my subsequent movements from the room to the entrance were via the stairs, which had threadbare carpets and looked rather susceptible to tripping.
PROs - Price (for an airport hotel), the restaurant area was pleasant, with reasonable drinks prices at the bar. The bar menu had reasonable choice and the food, although somewhat pricey, was OK.
The car park outside was free (get a leaflet from reception to put on the windscreen) and close to the hotel entrance.
CONS - Grubby rooms, poor condition of fittings in room and some public areas. VERY rude staff, particularly on reception. My room keycard decided to deactivate after one night, despite the fact I was there for two and I had to go all the way to reception to sort it. I was not even offered an apology! Some serious need for staff training I think!
A poor shadow of the hotel as it was in its Holiday Inn days!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Airport Inn Manchester is ideally located less than 10 minutes from Manchester Airport, and is one of the prime hotels near Manchester Airport, just south of Manchester city centre. The hotel offers exclusive Stay & Fly Packages which include on-site Manchester Airport Parking and for a small charge, a 24 hour taxi service, transporting you to and from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Airport Inn Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Manchester Airport Hotel Wilmslow
- Manchester Airport Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Wilmslow
- Wilmslow Holiday Inn
- The Airport Inn Manchester Wilmslow, Cheshire