The Airport Inn Manchester
US$133
US$86
US$78
  • Restaurant
The Wilmslow Lodge(Wilmslow)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$85
Travelocity
Heatherlea Guest House(Wilmslow)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$120
US$90
TripAdvisor
1,455 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed for one night as had an early flight. The car park was full on arrival but we were told the car would be safe at the front of the hotel. There was relief staff on the reception desk and they didn't install confidence in the filling in of forms for the pick up transfer in the morning and they didn't know where the lift to get to the room was. However in the morning the transfer went like clockwork so my thoughts were unfounded. The room is basic but served its purpose for the early start. We didn't have any food but there is a very good pub up the road called The Honey Bee. On return the car and return transfer went well and I would use the hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lo2sogo
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Avoid! Avoid! Avoid! Our 'triple room', booked for my large teenage children and myself, turned out to be one bed with three sets of pillows. They then tried putting me in a room which hadn't been cleaned since the previous occupant. The whole place smells of damp and mildew. The pool (the reason we booked it) was empty, the staff dour. My son got covered in bedbug bites. Neither the phone nor TV remote worked. Other guests' hairdryer started smoking. They had run out of bread - bread?! and crockery for breakfast with an hour to go. My fruit salad was fizzy, and then for the finale - a black hairy thing ran along the window sill. It wasnt a rat. It was a mink!! I have written.

6  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We have previously stayed here when it was the Holiday Inn & I must say that the Hotel has improved since the change.

We arrived the day before our flight, check in was smooth, parking not a problem, Check in staff were fantastic, room was comfortable,

We decided to eat out & went to the Honeybee which is a lovely country pub about 1/2 a mile from the hotel, but this is on a very busy road and the pavement is overgrown with bushes. so my advice is cross the road as soon as you leave the hotel and head left, the pub is on the same side as the hotel & serves lovely food at a reasonable price, and stunning surroundings.

The day of our flight the reception staff again were very friendly advising us that a minibus would arrive to take us to the airport, this was again faultless.

On return back to the UK we simply phoned the taxi company, who arrived within minutes, Tho ask the driver when getting dropped off where exactly they will be picking up on return journey as we were a bit confused as where to get picked up. I would recommend staying here prior to a flight.

Room Tip: Room 007 - near reception & near gym
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Horrible place. Since changing from holiday inn to Britannia the place seems to have gone into free fall. Our requirements for adjoining rooms was ignored. Pool was shut (one of our primary reasons to stay there) but the hotel neglected to inform us before we arrived even when we checked in! Discovered when i went to investigate. When we asked to speak to the manager he managed to avoid us for 3 hours before skulking off shift sending his duty manager to take the flak.

Service in restaurant was poor not the fault of the staff who were friendly and helpful working too hard due to being understaffed.

rooms are ok but i will not stay here again and unless things are sorted it will only be a matter of time before this place is a ghost hotel.

Room Tip: Don't bother go somewhere else.
4  Thank Tony A
Reviewed 21 July 2014

First of all we previously stayed at venue when it was holiday inn wasn't spectacular but was ok and spa and pool was used before we flew
8 of us booked this before we flew to family holiday with airport parking so we could all get together and have a stress free travel to t1
We found out online that 1 it had changed hands and 2 the pool was chargeable so I rang hotel and was told this was true a little disgruntled I thought oh well when other members of our party arrived before us they were told facilities were un available due to repairs which were started Monday and as I had rang Tuesday and no one informed me
We checked in to our rooms we were asked if we wanted transfers to airport I then stated that we had already paid at booking.com he demanded to see details which stated this which I provided
We had an evening meal deal booked at 20 per couple and then was told we only having the15 pound meal deal then the couch trip arrived so any food we ordered was then an hour and 20 minutes late the staffing was iinadequate the food was abysmal my steak was supposed to be rare and arrived like a plank of wood
All in all rubbish

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
3  Thank Jon P