“A decent, clean hotel in a good location for Manchester Airport.”

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Stafford, United Kingdom
“A decent, clean hotel in a good location for Manchester Airport.”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This isn't a luxury hotel by all means, and from coming on TripAdvisor beforehand we weren't expecting much at all, but for the price and location, it's okay. We stayed here on the 30th July for one night before going to Manchester Airport the next day, and it did the job.

The rooms are average (yes they could most definitely do with a new lick of paint) but they're clean, of a decent size and have comfortable beds.

We left the car here for 2 weeks whilst we were on holiday and this was no problem - we easily found a spot and felt that the car was in a safe and secure location.

When we arrived we decided to leave the hotel (as there wasn't much atmosphere) and ended up at The Honeybee - which is a gorgeous country pub a short walk from the hotel, and serves traditional yummy pub grub at a very affordable price. It also has a lovely beer garden looking out to beautiful surroundings.

Transfers from the hotel to Manchester airport were quick, efficient and good value. A taxi cost us £10 each way for the 4 of us.

All in all, I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again, but the hotel did serve it's purpose, so for that, I can't complain.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Harriet G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Polish first
Telford, shrophire
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed at the airport inn the night before we flew to turkey and after reading all the negative reviews, I was worried and didnt know what to expect! But when I arrived I was greeted by lovely friendly staff who was very helpful and made us feel welcome. We were booked in efficiently and told our room number and where to park our car. When we went up to our room we didn't know what to expect again but it was clean tidy with tv, kettle and all the essentials you need, bathroom was good size and very clean... I reall can't understand why there are so many negative reviews as it was suitable and I have no complaints at all. I would recommend this as an overnight stay before your hols. There's a gym, pool and even a bar & restaurant if u want to eat but we just had a couple of drinks.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank toni050
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night as part of a National Coach tour to Coronation Street. Seeing previous reviews I was a little worried however, I feel there was no cause for concern. Room was small but had everything I needed, i.e. TV, Hairdryer, Towels, Toiletries, Tea/Coffee & Kettle. Bed linen was clean as was the carpet and furnishings. Bathroom again was small but extremely clean.
Bar prices a bit steep but that is the same in all hotels. Our evening meal was not until 8.30pm which seemed a bit late but gave us time for a few drinks beforehand. Food at dinner was pretty average but edible & hot. Breakfast items were basic, usual hot food which was tasty but not a lot of choice for continental.
Being close to the airport I did think it may be noisy but pleased to say it was not. Think it was 5ish when I heard the 1st plane but I was awake & got back to sleep easily.
All in all value for money

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel is in need of being refurbished. The room was tiny and was certainly the worst airport hotel that I have ever stayed at. Again, like others have already said, they charge to use the swimming pool. This was not made clear on my reservation. If you can get this hotel for a bargain price, it is worth considering but otherwise, make a reservation elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Wilmslow hotels

Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I don't like being negative but we had a pretty poor experience this year. We booked a single night stay with 14 nights parking before a USA trip. It was a very hot day upon our arrival and we'd booked this hotel so we could arrive early from Nottingham and enjoy the facilities through the afternoon, after all it is the first day of your holiday. Upon arrival we went to our room which was really hot in full sun and after an hour of trying we found the air-con wasn't working. I rang reception and an engineer attended and we were finally moved to another room. We moved all our bags and decided to go and use the pool and sauna area. When we went downstairs we were told it was closed for maintenance.
We had asked for a 5.30am wake-up call, which never came, this may have been down to the room change. Then we were waiting outside for a booked 6am airport taxi that was supposed to be a shuttle every 30 minutes, and it didn't arrive. We waited until 6.15 before enquiring and a hasty phone call brought a taxi at 6.30. Upon our return, there was poor communication with the taxi company again and we were told to take the long walk from terminal 1 to terminal 2 to be picked up (and this was after an overnight flight from USA and loaded with 4 heavy cases!) Pretty shoddy, just send the taxi to where we were!!
We slept OK in the room which was small but clean and overall the hotel wasn't bad, it was just a combination of circumstances that spoiled our stay. The car was safe in the large car park round the side and back of the hotel but there are lots of overhanging trees which could leave tree sap and bird-dropping on your car so pick your space carefully.

Room Tip: Check the room A/C works, rooms at the back look out over a cigarette-strewn flat roof.
2 Thank T33TLE
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Booked this hotel in march as seemed good value with 15 nights parking. Advertised free use of pool, sauna etc. said free private taxi transfer. Went with my 2 kids and husband so seemed ideal. When we tried to use pool we were told it was an extra £5 per person although my booking printout clearly stated free. Taxi was half hourly coach not private taxi transfer! Complained to reception and they said travelsupermarket made a mistake quoting taxi and that the hotel used to be free pool when holiday inn but taken over by brittania and now chargeable. I said I wasn't paying as my printout clearly stated free but they wouldn't budge. I asked to speak to manager and was told that there wasn't one! I asked why an they said manager had gone home early and standin manager went home sick... This was at 6pm. I stood at reception and phoned holiday extras and they said it should be private taxi an free use of pool but if the hotel wouldn't honour it I would have to put complaint in an email to them an would be dealt with within 48 hours! Useless.

Wouldn't return

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank seasonedtraveller072
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

A clean quite hotel to stay in whilst you are waiting to go on holiday or for business. Beds nice and clean. TV in room with tea and coffee. Nice bar area but had many cob webs on the ceiling so attention needed to clean communial areas. The bar is quite expensive for drinks...we ended up spending around 50 pound and our travelling partners around 8o pound as they were drinking shorts. For example £8 per double without a mixer. Meals appeared resonable prices and people looked to enjoy them. The reception staff did not book us a taxis as requested for our morning flight!!! very poor service, not carrying out what they had had agreed with our party. All the other times...the reception staff were helpful. We only paid £59 pound through late rooms.com and i think this was a resonable price to pay with breakfast being on special offer at 5 pound rather that 10. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!