“Okay for the money, gone downhill since Holiday Inn” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Airport Inn Manchester

The Airport Inn Manchester
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
lincoln, uk
“Okay for the money, gone downhill since Holiday Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I have to say I was worried before we arrived after reading the bad reviews as it had been such a good place while owned by Holiday Inn....but it was okay. In honesty it HAS deteriorated in condition since a change of ownership, outside was shabby and car park filthy. In the inside is in real need of touching up. However our room was clean and comfy. My car was safe for the week we were away. Staff were okay...on arrival though on 20th August I was ignored by a young girl who was on the reception computer, she left me standing without any acknowledgement and was ignorant. But the remainder were good, taxi transfers were good. I agree that being charged to use the pool is not good and was also a reason for us choosing to stay again...would I pay to use it...no way its a rip off. Sign of a greedy hotel chain taking your money for no reason. would we stay again ??? yes possibly

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank ellyndunc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Polish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

We booked this Hotel for our wedding when it was part of the Holiday Inn chain. Despite a bit of stressful confusion to our booking and that of our guests when it changed to a Britannia hotel we found our whole stay to be absolutely perfect.
The staff were very attentive and very friendly helping out with whatever was required to organise our wedding and definitely went the extra mile.
Everyone of our guests had positive comments not only about how the day was managed but about their whole stay over the two days.
I think it's a good location and has very good facilities.
The breakfast choice was just brilliant and although they were very busy, we were all well looked after.
Yes, I would stay here again.
A big thank you

Room Tip: Executive rooms are bigger and if staying more that one night then recommended.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rachael M
Derby, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

The worst part of our stay here was on the Saturday night, after we returned from a wedding. We checked our 22 year old daughter in and I escorted her to her room in another part of the hotel.

At 3am she rang me, very frightened to say she had been woken by someone trying to get into her room. I told her I was on my way - she texted me as I was making my way across to her room to say someone was still trying to get in! I got to her room to find a couple just returned from holiday trying to get in - they had been given a key card to the room my daughter was sleeping in. Just imagine the shock for all parties if she hadn't locked the door and put the chain on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reception were apologetic and this is where is became evident this is a poorly managed and under-resourced hotel. The staff who work here seem to try really hard, but are chronically understaffed. The receptionist told the other guests he would have to go and clean a room for them and it would take 10 mins. Where was 'housekeeping'. this is a 24 hour airport hotel for goodness sake!

Things didn't improve when we checked out on the Sunday - there was one person on reception to deal with normal traffic plus two coach tours!!

This is the first time I've ever given such a low score, and I would say, if you have an option, stay somewhere else until they've ironed out the issues following the transfer from IHG (Holiday Inn).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Ncolts

Travellers are raving about these Wilmslow hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

We arrived at the hotel on the 25th of July 2014 around 9:30pm to book a room as we have stayed at this hotel for the last 15 years when it was a Moat House and a holiday Inn and we know it was a high standard hotel.

We booked a executive room where we paid £115. It was explained that with the executive room you get fridge, Air-con and a nice larger room.
CK took us to room 003 this room had a horrible smell coming from the bathroom ( water laying in the plug hole). Mr C then gave us room 4 but after entering and settling down this had no fridge and on investigation found a set 2 jackets/ rain coats still in the wardrobe. We returned to reception to complain regarding this executive room. We ask for a reduction as we would stay in this room if we could pay standard rate and the clothes was removed as there was no fridge. Mr was adamant this was an executive room but had no fridge and was not going to reduce back to standard rate. At this point he said, we could not have a reduction but would have move us the another room. We then move to room 228 on climbing the main stairs we notice the window net curtain was not dirty but filthy . We shown Mr M this at reception and said this was not acceptable.
We woke up in the morning and entered the bath to my horror found pubic hairs all over the bath room floor, it was disgusting. At this point got hold of Mr M in reception and he agreed we should have the room at a discounted rate for the cleanliness of the bath room.It was horrible. Mr M went to speak to Mr C where he then came up to me after breakfast and said the room was perfectly clean before we entered and is inspected before any guests enter.( Remember earlier in the email when we found clothes in the wardrobe, so much for checking each room) At this point he made out we had put pubic hair all over the bathroom,( he was face to face and very aggressive) my wife was so worried and upset she was reduced to tears.How can an employee can accuse a customer of this, I was horrified. Thought at this point it would be best to return to the room.

After about 20min we saw Mr C using a electric grass trimmer with no PPE surely under the health and safety at work act 1974. Employers and employers have a responsibility to provided or wear PPE in a hazardous situation. I sure this will state in your risk assessment of using a strimmer.
What i discovered next was Mr C and your employees where clearing branches / weeds they were throwing them over the fence straight into the River Bollin. At this point I took a few pictures and films then phoned the reception to stop them doing it any more. Within seconds Mr C called our room phone ( Aggressive manner)and said he was going to call the police as we were filming him and his employees.( Quote going to sue). In fact it was not filming him but filming them throwing garden waste over the fence into the river Bollin.
At this point for our own safety we believed it was best to leave the hotel as he just stood motionless steering into our bedroom window in a threatening behavior.

Since then I have reported this incident to the the Environment Agency on 0800807060 sent them the film and pics. Also email to Incident_communication_service@environment.agency.gov.uk. Also I will be informing Manchester County Council.

On leaving the hotel we could not believe our eyes was a tampon right in front of the main door

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank husky1967
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Recently stayed in this hotel, and found it chronically understaffed.
Arrived at the hotel as part of a coach-trip only to be greeted with a member of staff informing us that they were "very short-staffed" and as a result was unable to give us any indication as to when we would be eat to eat in the restaurant.
Having booked our table for 9pm, the restaurant was almost completely empty, yet we didn't receive our meal until around 11pm. The food was sub-standard and overpriced. Having ordered the Salad with Salmon, I found out that the fish could have been used to shoe an army boot. It was inedible. When we complained the manager couldn't have been more disinterested, and simply shrugged it off.
The breakfast in the morning wasn't any better, as we had to wait over two hours to receive any food, although it was a self-service buffet. The food simply wasn't being replenished.
After an awful stay, we found the manager to be very rude and disinterred, with absolutely no people skills. I felt very sorry for the general staff as they were being run off their feet by being under staffed.
The hotel was clean enough, but the management and organization ruined a enjoyable coach-trip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank David H
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed here and found it good. Got a reasonable price transfer to and from the train station/airport £6 each return.
The room was compacted but clean and tidy.
Had a great meal in the restaurant two can dine (starter, main course each) and a glass of house wine each for £29.99 and the meals were of good size and really nice,
Good place for an over stay for the airport.

• Stayed August 2014
manchester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

it truly pains me to write this review as i have loved this hotel for so long :(
through numerous management changes over the last decade it has remained a high standard place of accomadation ... until its takeover by the brittania group, the reception was satisfactory on arrival, the double room itself was adequate, small but clean, the most disappointing thing about my most recent visit was the extra charges to use the attached spindles health club/pool facilities which has usually been inclusive of hotel residence charges, the extra charges to me are unnecessary and unreasonable in my opinion. this is not a grand hotel and there is nothing that makes it any more appealing than other local hotels in my opinion, in fact it is in dire need of a re vamp and the only rescuing commodity (the use of spa and health club) is now being used as another way to squeeze every last penny out of the loyal returning customer, incredibly disappointed, i doubt i will return regardless of my fondness of this hotel due to the greed of the new management

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank goldham-a
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North
Holiday Inn Express Manchester Airport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Manchester Airport Marriott Hotel
Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
Clayton Hotel Manchester Airport

Been to The Airport Inn Manchester? Share your experiences!