We stayed at the Stanneylands on a Friday night, paying £60 for room only and im afraid i feel totally ripped off! Ill start with the good bits....... I had booked the restaurant and it seemed they did a deal of £24.50 for 3 courses, wine and coffee, this was all very nice and value for money considering the average price of a main course was £20+!!! Crazy or what?! Starters averaged out about £9.... Now for the bad bits.......We were put in room 101 - this is THE worst room in the hotel (I hope), situated on the ground floor right next to the toilets, you can hear the toilet doors banging and the flush. The hotel was practically empty so i dont know why we were put there. Anyway, one of the curtains was hanging off , and the bed had two great craters in it (mustve been one of those "memory mattresses"!!!) Not being one to cause a fuss, I let this go only because I didnt want to ruin the night.
I was soooo looking forward to a nice lay in being the start of the bank holiday weekend :-) but we were woken out of our "craters" at 7am by the catering company unloading boxes outside the window, this was proceeded by the bottle bank being emptied at 7.45. Naturally - or not - we were awake by now - good job because at 8.15 the housekeeper wanted to clean the room!! Oh and there was no remote control.
I explained all of this to the receptionist who wasnt interested at the time. The manager has since called me back to say he hopes it wouldnt put us off staying again.. hermmmm. Im afraid it has. Please please please stay somewhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning 4 Star Stanneylands Country House Hotel Cheshire is the perfect place to stay with 54 comfortable bedrooms including suites, executive accommodation and fine dining in our 2 AA Rosette Restaurant plus the contemporary Lounge & Bar offering all day dining and afternoon tea, plus Sky & BT Sports for those not wishing to miss out on the "Big Event." Stanneylands is the epitome of style and service. Located in tranquil countryside only 10 minutes from Manchester Airport and offering a unique combination of comfort and relaxation along with first class hospitality. The Stanneylands boasts a variety of event space ideal for conferencing, presentations, private dining and family celebrations, not to mention the ideal location for an unforgettable wedding. Our experienced event staff will take you through every step ensuring the smooth running of your special event. Our Cheshire country hotel is renowned for its décor and attention to detail. Tastefully furnished with classic elegant décor, each room is designed to achieve maximum comfort and style, in addition to meeting modern requirements, such as direct dial telephones, Freeview television and complimentary wi-fi throughout the hotel ensuring our guests return to us again and again delighted with the level of service, high quality rooms and award-wining cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Superbreak UK so you can book your The Stanneylands - TEMPORARILY CLOSED reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stanneylands Hotel Wilmslow
- The Stanneylands - TEMPORARILY CLOSED Wilmslow, Cheshire