“No Carvery!”

Price range: US$11 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Visited today with extended family and found this a very disappointing experience. First of all most of us were looking forward to the carvery to be informed that the restaurant finished serving this at 2.00pm - there is absolutely no mention of this in the menu and the venue describes itself as a "carvery!". We had a two year old child with us and as there were no children's meals whatsoever provided she ended up sharing a bowl of chips. As a vegetarian I was disappointed with the main menu as vegetarian meals seemed like an afterthought, very little choice. The wait for main course and dessert was unacceptable (45 minutes then 30 minutes) and by the end of this my two year old granddaughter was bored and playing up, not a place to take small children. Both waitresses seemed bored and as if they didn't want to be there - neither did we! The score of two is for the puddings which all of us enjoyed.

General Manager A, Manager at Boddington Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Hi,

we are very Sorry to hear off your bad experience, we are a completely different Brand and concept now. Be lovely if you would try us as a Harvester and hopefully turn your view around about the Boddington Arms!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

3 small pieces of beef, cold veg, burnt potatoes. Dirty tables. But, had the football on TV so I'll give it 2/5 instead of 1.

1  Thank dtmoseley

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

5 of us (2 adults and 3 kids under 6) turned up without a reservation at 5pm on Sunday and were seated quickly. We we served by attentive staff who took our drinks and food order promptly and then we waited.........and waited! Considering my wife and I were both eating off the carvary, it took 30 minutes for the kids spaghetti to be brought out.
My wife had a carvary sandwich and I had a full sunday dinner. The food was delicious but my little gripe would be that the meat portion seemed a little stingy. The very best part of meal was dessert - the best bakewell sponge I have ever tasted, but again the custard portion was skimpy.
I would recommend this place, but don't be starving when you go!

Hi,
We are a completely different Brand and concept now. Be lovely if you would try us as a Harvester and hopefully turn your view around about the Boddington Arms!

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We were traveling with 4 year twins who were very hungry so we stopped at the Boddington Arms for a quick lunch as it advertised "Carvery". When first walked the thought it was totally normal to have a full conversation with the customer in front leaving me standing for literally 5 minutes, if my children weren't so hungry I would of walked out. Then awe finally sat down and had a waiter that I think had a lot of tables to attend but there was only 3 other tablets occupied it took 45minutes for us to start eating. All in all I at £9 per head for a Carvery I was totally disappointed with the service and the food was just ok nothing to write home about. I didn't complain about the services because I genuinely felt it would make no difference to them at all.

My family and myself will not be using this "restaurant" again.

1  Thank Lorna H

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We went here for the first time on 3-4-14 and what an excellent place to eat. We were advised when booking that there would be a large party also eating at 7pm it was our choice then to book for 7pm anyway, I can honestly say that our service was NOT affected in any way. As a family we eat out every Thursday and have eaten an numerous pubs and restaurants over the last few years and the customer service at the Boddington Arms was second to none. The manager and staff were very attentive to our every requirement and nothing was to much trouble. We ordered food both from the carvery and the main menu and it was all hot and fresh, the deserts were fantastic. Well done to the manager and his staff, we will be back and I would recommend that you give it a try you will not be disappointed!!!!!