“Excellent place to dine ”
Review of Boddington Arms

Boddington Arms
Ranked #57 of 92 Restaurants in Wilmslow
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Manchester
“Excellent place to dine ”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We visited the boddington arms on a Sunday lunchtime, it was very busy but we were served at the bar very quickly by very friendly staff & the food was spot on. Two of our party had carvery which was lovely & the others had meals off the menu which were great too. The kids menu was good & I liked how accommodating they were with children, providing crayons & colouring paper. Very good service. We will definitely be back soon for another lovely afternoon. Keep up the good work!

1 Thank userManchester

BURY
“No Carvery!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Visited today with extended family and found this a very disappointing experience. First of all most of us were looking forward to the carvery to be informed that the restaurant finished serving this at 2.00pm - there is absolutely no mention of this in the menu and the venue describes itself as a "carvery!". We had a two year old child with us and as there were no children's meals whatsoever provided she ended up sharing a bowl of chips. As a vegetarian I was disappointed with the main menu as vegetarian meals seemed like an afterthought, very little choice. The wait for main course and dessert was unacceptable (45 minutes then 30 minutes) and by the end of this my two year old granddaughter was bored and playing up, not a place to take small children. Both waitresses seemed bored and as if they didn't want to be there - neither did we! The score of two is for the puddings which all of us enjoyed.

• Visited April 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Cold carvery”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

3 small pieces of beef, cold veg, burnt potatoes. Dirty tables. But, had the football on TV so I'll give it 2/5 instead of 1.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank dtmoseley
manchester, england
“Worth the Wait”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

5 of us (2 adults and 3 kids under 6) turned up without a reservation at 5pm on Sunday and were seated quickly. We we served by attentive staff who took our drinks and food order promptly and then we waited.........and waited! Considering my wife and I were both eating off the carvary, it took 30 minutes for the kids spaghetti to be brought out.
My wife had a carvary sandwich and I had a full sunday dinner. The food was delicious but my little gripe would be that the meat portion seemed a little stingy. The very best part of meal was dessert - the best bakewell sponge I have ever tasted, but again the custard portion was skimpy.
I would recommend this place, but don't be starving when you go!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The word 'Services' must be a another language”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We were traveling with 4 year twins who were very hungry so we stopped at the Boddington Arms for a quick lunch as it advertised "Carvery". When first walked the thought it was totally normal to have a full conversation with the customer in front leaving me standing for literally 5 minutes, if my children weren't so hungry I would of walked out. Then awe finally sat down and had a waiter that I think had a lot of tables to attend but there was only 3 other tablets occupied it took 45minutes for us to start eating. All in all I at £9 per head for a Carvery I was totally disappointed with the service and the food was just ok nothing to write home about. I didn't complain about the services because I genuinely felt it would make no difference to them at all.

My family and myself will not be using this "restaurant" again.

1 Thank Lorna H