“Awful experience, rude staff, no customer service skills whatsoever - ruined our first night out in months!”
Review of Shalimar Bar Restaurant Lounge - CLOSED

Shalimar Bar Restaurant Lounge
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Shalimar experience has always extended far beyond a simple meal. Pioneers of an authentic food revolution offering traditionally prepared Indian cuisine not previously attempted in the Cheshire area.At Shalimar we are determined to offer nothing less than the genuine article, the best authentic food possible with a menu that reflects the true culture and tradition of Indian cuisine.The stylish, contemporary and sophisticated decor creates the perfect atmosphere for visitors to indulge in an evening of excellence.So if you are looking for a relaxed and chilled out dining experience, head for Shalimar!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the restaurant last night after travelling 20 minutes from our home as we had a living social voucher and had seen great reviews on trip advisor!

For a Saturday night the restaurant was dead (and very cold), so not a great sign, we ordered drinks & explained we had a voucher, we shown the waiter our smartphone voucher and were then told that we could not use it due to having no printed copy - he then proceeded to walk away & serve another customer, which I thought was extremely rude!
I went over to the manager and explained that we had travelled some distance and had no way of printing the voucher, he then said take it up with living social there mistake not ours There's nothing I can do and again turned away!

After 15 more minutes of discussion he agreed to let us use the voucher If I wrote my name, address & tel number down which I did! I was extremely upset and embarrassed in front of other diners but decided to stay and try to enjoy my meal, the same waiter again took our order and was again rude & abrupt with us and this carried on the whole evening!

The food itself was lovely each dish was very fresh and tasty and myself and my husband love Indian food, but I will never return to this restaurant again due to the awful service received by the manager and also one of the waiters!

Be Warned if using a voucher you are made to feel like second class citizens!

If the manager had mentioned I needed a printed voucher at the time of the booking all this could have been avoided!

Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Have had pleasure of dining in this modern and well decoured resteraunt, as well as having take away meals. Always great food and friendly staff.

• Visited July 2013
manchester
“Great food and plenty of it”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We went to the restaurant with a Groupon voucher. The service was good although we don't like it when you are asked to sit and get a drink rather than going to a table. We were advised the table wasn't ready but every table was laid.
We weren't drinking as we generally have water with our meal and we had already had a few drinks at the local weatherspoons.
We placed our order and it arrived promptly and on lovely plates. The service was friendly and we throughly enjoyed our night. The toilets were nice and clean which is always a bonus.
He bill was only a couple of pounds with the voucher but we would return as the food was delicious.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent food & nice decor”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Visited this restaurant on Saturday evening. It was quite full but still the service was quick. The food is lovely & the portions are quite large. The staff were very smart & polite. The restaurant is very modern looking and very clean. Will certainly return

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Bad service spoilt the evening”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We have been here two or three times before and always had excellent food and service. We brought a large party of friends for a celebration meal. We waited and waited and waited, we had to ask for staff to come to take food and drink orders several times. We did not get our main course for two hours. the food when it arrived was very good but the indifferent attitude and rude comments made by the staff have put me off ever going there again. My preferred restaurant will now be the Dilshad, where the staff are always welcoming and well mannered.

2 Thank ClareFairy