“Food still great service getting better”
Review of Shalimar Bar Restaurant Lounge - CLOSED

Shalimar Bar Restaurant Lounge
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Shalimar experience has always extended far beyond a simple meal. Pioneers of an authentic food revolution offering traditionally prepared Indian cuisine not previously attempted in the Cheshire area.At Shalimar we are determined to offer nothing less than the genuine article, the best authentic food possible with a menu that reflects the true culture and tradition of Indian cuisine.The stylish, contemporary and sophisticated decor creates the perfect atmosphere for visitors to indulge in an evening of excellence.So if you are looking for a relaxed and chilled out dining experience, head for Shalimar!
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We returned last night and again had some lovely food. The great thing is that the service is getting better. The courses were less rushed and they asked if we were ready for our main courses. We had a slight issue with a voucher we had but this was dealt with very professionally by the Manager and we left very happy

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Went as a couple in conjunction with a groupon offer, this was £20 fo 2 starters, 2 mains and poppadum and chutney dish, however there were exceptions on the menu where a surcharge was applicable.
The food was great, mixed starter for 2 was lovely, the Hyderabad ghosht was also lovely, the chicken tikka was also lovely.
In fact food was faultless, the place was clean modern and uncluttered, again couldn't fault.
The only criticisms were directed at the staff, the waiters were abrupt and to a point rude, one whilst clearing the table reached right over the front of us to clear the plates that we had literally just finished eating from,the main arrived literally as the starter was finished.generally a little customer service skills to be worked on there.when we asked for the bill it took over 15 minutes , we eventually got up and went to pay at the bar, the place wasn't busy and there were plenty of staff wandering about so I don't understand why getting the bill ready was so time consuming.
To summarise, great food , below average service.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

The restaurant and bar area and nicely decorated.
The food was absolutely delicious.
The staff were attentive and polite.

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the restaurant last night after travelling 20 minutes from our home as we had a living social voucher and had seen great reviews on trip advisor!

For a Saturday night the restaurant was dead (and very cold), so not a great sign, we ordered drinks & explained we had a voucher, we shown the waiter our smartphone voucher and were then told that we could not use it due to having no printed copy - he then proceeded to walk away & serve another customer, which I thought was extremely rude!
I went over to the manager and explained that we had travelled some distance and had no way of printing the voucher, he then said take it up with living social there mistake not ours There's nothing I can do and again turned away!

After 15 more minutes of discussion he agreed to let us use the voucher If I wrote my name, address & tel number down which I did! I was extremely upset and embarrassed in front of other diners but decided to stay and try to enjoy my meal, the same waiter again took our order and was again rude & abrupt with us and this carried on the whole evening!

The food itself was lovely each dish was very fresh and tasty and myself and my husband love Indian food, but I will never return to this restaurant again due to the awful service received by the manager and also one of the waiters!

Be Warned if using a voucher you are made to feel like second class citizens!

If the manager had mentioned I needed a printed voucher at the time of the booking all this could have been avoided!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Have had pleasure of dining in this modern and well decoured resteraunt, as well as having take away meals. Always great food and friendly staff.