“Fantastic Indian food”

Shalimar Bar Restaurant Lounge
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Shalimar experience has always extended far beyond a simple meal. Pioneers of an authentic food revolution offering traditionally prepared Indian cuisine not previously attempted in the Cheshire area.At Shalimar we are determined to offer nothing less than the genuine article, the best authentic food possible with a menu that reflects the true culture and tradition of Indian cuisine.The stylish, contemporary and sophisticated decor creates the perfect atmosphere for visitors to indulge in an evening of excellence.So if you are looking for a relaxed and chilled out dining experience, head for Shalimar!
manchester
“Fantastic Indian food”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I recently ate at the Shalimar in Wilmslow which has only opened quite recently, and It was some of the best Indian food I have had for a long time. The décor is beautifully done, the service is excellent, so much so, I've been twice in a week!
Prices are very reasonable, it's easy to park, and it's only 3 minutes from the centre of Wilmslow.
I'll be back very soon with all the family.

Manchester
“Avoid if you value your time and like food.”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I don't often write reviews as this is what I do it for work but I felt compelled to after my visit to this establishment. After being ordered to sit in a lounge area we were left sitting there without being offered a drink or a menu to look at for 50 minutes. When we were finally offered a drink it was meant to be a coke, but were actually served some warm coloured fizzy water.

55 minutes after arriving at the place we were finally given a menu and left for a further 20 minutes before a gentleman came to take the order, but he told us they were out of lamb chops and several other menu items. At this point we had been sat in a frigidly cold waiting area for nearly an hour and a half, and due to the uncomfortable setting, coldness and length of time my partner requested to be sat at a table. I think I should make you aware that the restaurant was not full at this time, so there were no excuses for such a poor performance.

Now we've finally been sat at the table after picking from a very limited selection of menu items, we're both cold and frustrated, but we're hoping the food makes up for all this. Sadly this was not the case, the food served was of such low calibre that it did not deserve to be even classed as canteen food. We had an amchor exotic and a nagar bahar and they were both disgusting, the amchor was sickly sweet with too much cream which used tinned mangoes unsucessfully and 4 small over cooked pieces of lamb which were so tough that you needed an extra sharp knife and piranha teeth to eat. Strangely enough the 4 pieces of what they called lamb in the nagar tasted exactly the same as in the mango dish, to top it all they were accompanied by awful coloured rice and over dried nan.

Please avoid this place as it is a shameful excuse for canteen food.

1 Thank YoYoYin
Preston
“Pathetic”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Pathetic, pathetic and pathetic.
I am writing this, still in the waiting area 45 minutes after arriving.
The only reason why we actually managed to order our meal was because I confronted the bar-man for service.
I don't actually know what the food tastes like, but if it is anything like the service, it will suck.

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Very nice meal”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Four of us visited this restaurant for the first time last night. With so few people in the place, we did wonder whether there were problems, but I have to say that the meal we had was really good. I definitely recommend the mixed platters as starters, the mains were nice and the house white is top value.

A minor fault was the smallish rice serving. Five stars otherwise.

• Visited October 2013
“Fab curry”
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Wilmslow is blessed with many good curry houses.
So Shalimar, the newcomer to the party had to be good.
Fantastic decor, and really enjoyable food.
It can be a bit quiet so can lack atmosphere but otherwise little to fault

• Visited September 2013