“These people should not be running a cafe”

The Paddock Cafe Lounge Ltd
Ranked #56 of 92 Restaurants in Wilmslow
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We only visited this place once. Appalling food, poor service and very unprofessional staff. Most of the customers appeared to be friends of the owner and sat around chatting loudly, not ordering anything. The owner would be well advised to do something else as he clearly has no idea of how to run a cafe.

3  Thank Ddi69

Reviewed 8 August 2013

It’s a pity that you have to give at least one star, because this place deserves a minus amount of stars. I had the misfortune to pick The Paddock Cafe Lounge for lunch, Several menu items were not available and we waited half an hour for the first sight of food. We were then told that some items we had ordered were not available and that they couldn’t produce the cup of tea we had ordered as they had a long list of orders! The waitress was unsympathetic and unconcerned. The worst thing was that when we dared to complain, the boss came out and was an aggressive bully. He was shouting at the top of his voice in an EXTREMELY aggressive manner. Eventually, two of his own staff dragged him away as he looked as if he could become violent. I hope that other business owners in Handforth read this as it has put me off ever returning to anywhere in this area.

7  Thank LMCW
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I went here with my family one Saturday for lunch and we had the worst experience that I have ever had in a cafe. They didn't have most of the sandwich fillings on the menu and when we finally managed to order something (my husband had to order his 3rd choice of sandwich) we waited for half an hour to receive anything. They brought us half the food and we then had to wait a further 10 minutes to be told that they didn't have the filling for my husband's sandwich and they didn't even manage to bring us a cup of tea after waiting for all of that time. We tried to complain but the staff were just rude and defensive. I asked for my money back and spoke to the boss. This man should never be allowed to work with the public!! He obviously thought that this kind of service was perfectly acceptable and said that they didn't need my custom anyway as they were busy enough. He then followed me outside and was very annoyed with me for complaining. He yelled at me right into my face in front of all his other customers. Fortunately, I am not easily intimidated but he was quite clearly trying to bully and upset me. Please don't give this man your custom!!!

3  Thank KKershaw