“Beautiful location to start our honeymoon”
Review of Kingsley Lodge

Kingsley Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wilmslow
Reviewed 28 October 2008

We spent our wedding night at Kingsley Lodge, and it proved the ideal oasis at the end of a hectic day!
A beautiful quiet location, with elegant, comfortable rooms and wonderful service - friendly and attentive.
It was the perfect place to begin our honeymoon, and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tomos100

Reviewed 27 October 2008

From the moment I phoned Kingsley Lodge and spoke to co-proprietor, Jeremy, i got a taste of the service we would receive. Friends who have lived in Wilmslow all their lives, didn't know it was there but have taken leaflets away with them to give to business associates, so impressed were they when they came to collect us for an evening out.

Jeremy was there to greet us on our arrival, having checked our estimated arrival time when I made the booking.

Every detail was taken care of and the room was beautful, comfortable and an oasis of calm - as well as being spotless. We didn't want to leave!

There is a full DVD library to suit every taste, an honour bar and tasty breakfast, served with a smile.

When we returned in the evening after dinner and sat in the lounge having drinks with our friends, it was like being in own home.

We cannot wait to visit again and our friends in Wimslow and Manchester will be seeing a lot more of us next year!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pickle001
Reviewed 12 October 2008

I have stayed at the Kingsley Lodge for business trips throughout 2008. Without any doubt the Lodge has been the best lodging experience of all of my travels. I have stayed at other inns, and "boutique" hotels, but none have the charm, attention to detail, cleanliness and friendliness that the Kingsley offers. I would, and have, recommended this boutique hotel for any fellow business traveler, honeymooner, romantic celebration or anyone just seeking to get away for a few nights of relaxation.

1  Thank rwiele
Reviewed 3 October 2008

I was in Wilmslow on business and stayed at the Kingsley Lodge for four nights. It came highly recommended from colleagues, but the rooms and personal service from the owners exceeded my expectations. I stayed in the very spacious, comfortable and gorgeous Gold room. Breakfast was great, every morning I was greeted with friendly conversation and fresh food. I loved the little touches too - being American, the hershey's kisses on the bedside tables every night were a treat! I hope to stay at the Kingley Lodge again on my next trip to the UK.

Reviewed 2 October 2008

If your take on a great place to stay is a large chain hotel with insoucient staff, below average cleaniness, groups of business people talking too loudly then Kingsley Lodge is not for you.
Kingsley Lodge is a small and very discreet place to stay in a residential area of Wilmslow; no sign outside the gated entrance proclaims that this a hotel/B&B.
The rooms are spotless and the care in the design execution of the individually designed rooms and ground floor common rooms reflects the way the owners look after their guests.
I have been visitng this hotel/B&B for over 4 years and not once has the welcome or the stay been anything other than first class.

P.S.,
The website does not do the place justice

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 21 September 2008

What a refreshing formula - Kingsley Lodge takes the concept of a bed & breakfast to a whole new level. I cannot speak highly enough about the beautiful interior decor, stunning gardens and welcoming, friendly service. Well located about a 10 minute walk from Wilmslow Train Station, Kingsley Lodge offers a handful of suites - finished to the highest, five star standards. There may not be 24 hour room service, but certainly there is everything for a comfortable stay. Kingsley Lodge is perfect if you are visiting the area and also if you are looking for a place to meet friends for a party (there is a beautiful dining room - perfect for an ultimate house party). The owners have done a fantastic job and created a real gem.

Reviewed 16 September 2008

Truly nice hotel. The owners are wonderful and make people feel at home. I will always stay there when I am in the area.

Stayed: August 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
The Stanneylands
The Wilmslow Lodge
#3 of 5 in Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel
Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa

Been to Kingsley Lodge? Share your experiences!