“Great night stay”

Heatherlea Guest House
Ranked #1 of 7 Wilmslow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 August 2012

This was our first time that we have stayed in a Guesthouse and we were not dissappointed. Got a warm welcome and a good nights sleep. The room was clean and comfortable and the area was very quiet. Just what we like. The breakfast in the morning was tasty and plentyful. Great start to the morning. We stayed here because it was close to the airport. We parked at the Hilton for our week holiday as we were staying there for a night when we got back. But after speaking to the owner we were told we could have parked hear for the duration of our hols.We will certainly book here again when back in Manchester

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacqueline B
There are newer reviews for Heatherlea Guest House

Reviewed 2 August 2012

We just spent two nights at the Heathleigh Guest House (actually two adjoining houses). The rooms were clean, comfortable, and well appointed, and breakfast was excellent, but best of all were the very warm and helpful owners. We had car troubles enroute, barely making it to the Heatherlea, which proved a real haven, greatly reducing our stress. Diane and Marjory helped in every way possible, including finding us alternate accomodation and driving us there on our third night (they were fully booked). Reccomend most highly!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NancyBasel
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Visited Tatton Park 22nd July and stayed Staurday night. This B&B was clean, comfortable, friendly, convenient, value for money, fab breakfast. Handforth Chinese restaurant just a short ride away - excellent food and atmosphere - a bit pricey though.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I stopped at the Guest House with a friend for the RHS Show at Tatton Park - a two night stay. The guest house is spotlessly clean, the bedroom had all the facilities needed including flat screen TV, and tea/coffee making facilities, and the welcome was friendly. The beds were very comfortable and I'm very fussy about bed comfort as my back soon objects if things aren't right! There is plenty of off-street parking. As a vegetarian I was particularly impressed by breakfast as there was a vegetarian option for a full English breakfast. When I say full, I mean full as I couldn't manage a full one so they tailored a smaller version for me. I was also asked for feedback on the veggie sausages used so that felt a very good personal touch. The guest house is ideally located for Tatton Park as it doesn't take long to get there. It is also good for town as we were able to walk into town go to a restaurant in the evening. Taxi recommendations were available in reception if you fancied a more leisurely evening. It is also a quiet location where you can get a good night's sleep. I prefer that type of location myself. I certainly will be staying there again for a return visit.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Stayed one night at the Heatherlea Guest House Wilmslow on 14th July 2012. The Guest House is actually two houses with bedrooms in both houses but with breakfast served in one. Our stay was excellent. The bedroom was well appointed with on-suite, flat screen TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Breakfast was very good with the full range of choices available. We were in the area for a party but I also think that if you require an over night stay before flying from Manchester Airport and you want to avoid high hotel prices then this is a no brainer. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This b&b gets very busy so advance booking is to be recommended. It's easy to see why. First class hospitality and very comfortable accommodation, along with a breakfast to die for. My second stay and I look forward to another next time I'm in the Manchester Airport area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Run by two friendly English ladies, this is a classic British guest house, in two buildings. Good value and all you expect from an establishment like this. Can be a bit cold in the winter, but this is England.

Room Tip: There are rooms from single to family size. Some single rooms are very small.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester (Wilmslow) Hotel
The Wilmslow Lodge
#3 of 5 in Wilmslow
Premier Inn Manchester (Handforth) Hotel
The Airport Inn Manchester

Been to Heatherlea Guest House? Share your experiences!