“My Stay”

Ranked #1 of 7 Wilmslow B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“My Stay”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

After being left in a difficult situation where I was without accommodation for 10 nights, Heatherlea Guest House was exactly what I was looking for. Working in Central Manchester, the B&B was only a 25 minutes drive away and a short distance from Wilmslow town centre.
After sending them a desperate email, the ladies were more than welcome to help me out, providing me with a spacious room so I could leave all of my belongings there whilst I was at work. (Being in the Fashion Industry, having a lot of clothes kind of comes with the job title!)

The room that I was provided with had all of the basics that I required: hair dryer, television, tea and coffee facilities and a free wifi connection. When I arrived back from work, the room was always in an immaculate state, rather unlike how I would leave it in the morning.
As my stay was including breakfast, every morning I was offered a full fry-up which I would regretfully have to deny most mornings, but a selection of cereals and fresh fruit was also provided.

Both Diane and Marjorie were very attentive and caring towards me, always making sure I had everything I needed and required. They truly have been amazing and really helped me in a difficult situation.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have stayed at several airport hotels at Manchester in the past, and what I didn't like about them was the proximity to noise, the rip-off prices and the horrible state of the rooms. I therefore decided to give HeatherLea a shot. Even though it's a few miles away from the airport, it doesn't really work out any more expensive than an airport hotel if you use a pre-booked taxi, and the experience you'll get is far superior.

The room was clean, had all the right furniture and a good bathroom. It was also very quiet and I got a great nights sleep. The breakfast in the morning was made to order and the ingredients were good quality. But what stood out most were the owners, who were very friendly and helpful.

I would recommend HeatherLea for whatever your purpose of travel is.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed with Diane and Margery for three months while working 200+ miles away from home. My room was excellent and the house was quite, I never had a problem sleeping while working odd shift times. I was made to feel extremely welcome and was looked after excellently. I would defiantly recommend staying here as I found my time there to be fantastic.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
sunbury on thames
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Stay one night Tuesday 15th October. My room was very clean and plenty of space, plenty of off road parking, this is a very friendly guesthouse. Marjorie was so apologetic for not being there when I arrived, she offered to take me into town for my evening meal, so kind. As I was leaving at 5 in the morning I missed the well acclaimed breakfast, but got a reduction on the room price, thank you for a lovely stay, will recommended this guesthouse to my friends and family.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank barry d
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Heatherlea on three occasions when visiting our son. We have stayed in various rooms and found them all to be comfortable and spacious. Owners are friendly and welcoming, and breakfast is excellent. Off road parking, free wi-fi, great location for Manchester airport and touring Cheshire make this an ideal place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 724Christine
Western Australia
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My husband and I with our 2 adult daughters traveling from Australia spent 5 nights with Diane and Margery. The welcome was warm and the rooms beautifully clean, the sheets crisp and the bathroom modern and well appointed. We enjoyed it so much we immediately booked a return stay of a further 2 nights on our way back. A bonus to our stay was parking onsite. Our stay was over too soon.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook a lovely garden.