Heatherlea Guest House
  • Bar/Lounge
Deanwater Hotel(Stockport)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsmanchester airportb boff road parkinglovely hostsquiet streetwilmslow town centrean early flightclose to the airportplace to staystayed one nightovernight stoproom was clean and comfortablesingle roomhome from hometrain stationtea coffee making facilitiesnight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I got lucky. I managed to get a room a here at short notice. I have often looked at staying before but owing to its popularity, the guest house has been fully booked.

The rooms here are a good size and very comfortable. The whole house is beautifully fresh and clean. My room was lovely and warm with the option to open the windows ( you seldom have the option in hotels these days). You could have a party under the big power shower in my room.

The owners were very accommodating and helpful, giving the service that you would have hoped for in a large hotel but with the personal touch. Whatever you do,... stay for the breakfast!!

Good location for Wilmslow and Manchester airport.

Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stay there 4/5 times a year and would thoroughly recommend it and I do.

It's excellent value, clean and nothing's too much trouble for Diane and Marge and the best bit's the breakfast. Anything you want but a full English, with good produce sets me up for the day every time.

Edwin, Carlisle.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Have to say this was a very nice guest house with friendly service in a lovely leafy part of Wimslow. It's away from main road so nice and quiet too. Room was clean, comfortable with a lovely view of the back garden. Wifi connection too was excellent. Would highly recommend over the nearby corporate travel lodges etc. The guest house is also 10 minutes from airport so convenient. One last thing the breakfast was great also! A very enjoyable stay in a lovely location.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed in the Heatherlea for 2 nights at the end of February. Very comfortable room with en-suite shower and toilet, in a quiet neighbourhood, and just 10 minutes away from where I was working. Excellent value. The owners (Diane and Marge) could not have been friendlier and breakfast was personal and delicious. Good parking. Wifi was a little flaky at times.

I would definitely recommend this guesthouse and would stay there again (if I hadn't now rented a flat across the road from them!)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I booked to stay here as I needed to be close to Manchester Airport for a meeting the following morning. I arrived in the late evening but was warmly welcomed by Marjorie who showed me to my room which was tastefully decorated, well appointed and very comfortable. I was greeted in the breakfast room the following morning by both Marjorie and Dianne who made a point of speaking to all guests ( I gather some were regulars) making everyone feel very welcome and relaxed. The food was delicious and the portions generous.
I would highly recommend this accommodation over any of the big hotels around the airport. Excellent accommodation, at a reasonable cost with lovely hosts- I will certainly return!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business