“1st class steak & yummy cocktails!”
Review of CAU Wilmslow

CAU Wilmslow
Ranked #17 of 102 Restaurants in Wilmslow
Price range: US$13 - US$50
Cuisines: Argentinian, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: CAU Wilmslow is perfectly located within walking distance of the train station. Set over two floors the restaurant is as vibrant as the dishes we serve. It’s rare that you get to experience beef this good.
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Our first visit to Cau, v impressed. Service good, seemed slightly slow with the drinks orders, but it was a v busy Saturday night. Food was 1st class, wine one of the nicest Malbec's I have tried. Great restaurant with a real buzz about it.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Went with a friend for lunch and both of us chose the superfood salad. When it came, it looked good but both of us were completely blown away by the neat wasabi which was added in globs on top of the salad. When the waiter asked us if we were enjoying the meal, we mentioned that it was very hot and heard him relaying this to the manager who said it wasn't that hot and there was only a little bit of chilli in it. Believe me, we were eating the raw chillis to cool our mouths down. As it was swimming in the neat wasabi dressing, we were shaking as much off each forkful as possible before we put it in our mouths. My friend did slightly better than me at consuming our meal, and the manager did decide not to charge me for my meal. But she didn't get that it was due to the wasabi and not the chilli. What could have been a beautiful salad was completely ruined.
I'm sure my husband would love this place but I am reluctant to have another bad experience.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Lovely decor and vibe. Friendly staff. Very reasonable prices considering your in Wilmslow. We all had steak and you can decide on the cut so opted for rump at a very reasonable £13.95. Wow it was the best steak I've had in a long time not to mention the triple cooked chips washed down with a glass of red (merlot) which was at the perfect temperature to compliment the food. Well done Cau I look forward to visiting you again very soon.

Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Came for a family meal. Such friendly staff and the food was amazing.

We will be returning soon

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Went again last night (Sunday)
I always request a small booth, and they always oblige! Great staff here! Friendly, accommodating, don't pester you!
Food is always amazing!
Had the hummus starter last night, and my only suggestion would be that more crispy bread/cracker is provided as the hummus was left uneaten as we ran out.
Apart from that! Marvellous!
Great (subtle) 80's music in background!