“Delicious meal”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I had eaten here a few times before and always chosen to go for the `cow pie`. Unfortunately they didn't have any pies left, nor did they have my second choice which was venison. We both ordered the vegetable soup to start and I went for duck for my main and my boyfriend ordered the 10oz sirloin steak. The soup was absolutely gorgeous. My dad is a chef and I had never tasted a soup so good. The sauce that came with the duck was to die for and the selection of vegetables were just the right amount. Needless to say my boyfriend was very happy with his steak and the chips were delicious.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Just returned from the brown cow having been for my wife's birthday, we had what can only be described as an excellent meal, perfectly cooked, tasty steak, beautiful veg all served by friendly efficient staff, what more can I say other than thanks

Chris

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We have not visited the Brown Cow for many years and so this was very much a journey into the unknown. The pub easily accommodated all 14 of us on one table. The menu presented plenty of options without the need to refer to a ‘specials board’. The food was excellent and they most certainly not skimp on portion sizes so such an extent that most of us could not manage a pudding. Pity I was driving as the pub had some fine ales on offer. Ample parking but beware when pulling in/ out as some motorists do not stick to the 30mph limit! Just couldn’t fault the meal and such a change from the run of the mill chain pubs which have taken over of late. I recommend that you check opening days/times before travelling.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Great food served here and fairly priced drinks, good atmosphere in here and it is a good venue for special occasions. Located next to a church as well so its a good place to go after ceremonies.

1  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Had Sunday dinner last week, it was lovely, not a thing to complain about, previous review stated the service was slow, well if they want fast servise and boil in the bag food they should go to Burger king maybe that would be fast enough, why dont they just relax and enjoy a drink whilst the food is cooked as it should be.