“Perfect wedding venue”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Pontefract
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Perfect wedding venue”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Married here may 1st 2011. Everything was just as we wanted, and slight niggles were sorted promptly. Staff were very professional and welcoming. The day before we were married we had to rearrange some of the table settings (our fault not the hotels) all I had to do was tell them the new settings and they made the new table plan. The dj made the night with our tracks that we emailed to him. And he made sure that everyone was up dancing. Totally wonderful staff who made us feel that we were the only ones there, and who also check with us regular if they was anything else we needed. Food lovely too

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

Went to Kings Croft in a party of 30, we went to see a Michael Buble tribute act and have a Christmas party night. The food was spot on, cannot find fault with it at all. The entertainment was very good too, waiting staff brilliant, cannot find a negative thing to say, best meal I've ever had there

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Leamington Spa
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We held a famly reunion here at the weekend & have mixed feelings about the hotel.
The Party - great atmosphere due to a busy room and excellent band. The DJ was also great & had us dancing until the end.
The food - the party food was plentiful, simple roast done well with generous portions. The breakfast however...appauling! Not only was the whole thing self service - the staff can't even pour you a fresh pot of tea, but the standard of the food was terrible. The eggs rubbery, beans cold & cheap, bacon all over cooked & everything drippig in grease. After a good party night you need a good breakfast to set you up for the day...not here! The orange juice was Asda smart price (openly filled up in plain view). Very sad.
The room - looked lovely but far too hot & only a door to let the air in so no window available. Having looked everywhere for heating controls we finally found them in the skirting board.
Staff - the most disappointing part was the lack of personality from any staff - there were no pleasantries - all faceless zombies.

If the party hadn't been so good due to a cracking back & great crowd plus a full belly it would have been a huge disappointment.

Room Tip: We only saw our room & the bridal suite - this looked lovely with a massive four poster.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Burniston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was our second visit in just over a month, the first visit was excellent the second was good but the let down was the reception and room. The room was ok until the next morning when we tried to use the shower and no water came out until 10 minutes later and there was a fan that started up at 5.30am that woke me up. The food was excellent both breakfast and dinner.
We will go back but will avoid that room, we will ask for one of the new bungalow rooms we had last time they were great.

Room Tip: choose one of the new bungalows they are great
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tetley1455
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We recently got married and Kings Croft - one word AMAZING. The food is to die for, nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff, including the owner, and everything was exactly as we planned it, and every little detail we wanted just happened. We would totally recommend anyone considering Kings Croft for any kind of function, including the best day of your lives. The bedrooms are also very clean, comfortable and has everything you could want. Bridal suite is perfect.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013

If you want to good night sleep!! I arrived at the hotel and the entrance was packed with a wedding reception, I meandered my way through and was shown to my room. Exceptionally clean and plenty of space and I have only good things to say about my room, the bed was as good as home, in the evening I had a beer in the bar, nightmare, wedding reception bounding out of one room and a kids party from the other bouncing in the middle!! I then went to my room and all night I could hear was either the music, DJ, men's loo door or hand wash machine until I slept at some ungodly hour. If the hotel had said this could be a problem I wouldn't have booked as I need a fresh early start. A massive let down and although I mentioned it to the girl on reception I doubt anything will change. The owner certainly wasn't interested. Breakfast was ok with excellent service. What a shame the hotel let itself down as it could have been really good....

Room Tip: Avoid any room when a wedding is on!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Nottingham
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The booking system for this hotel is seriously flawed, their customer service at reception is impersonal but their food is good.
I booked for two nights 3 months ago for my brother's wedding which was actually at the hotel. A week before the day, I phoned the hotel to check my booking only to be told I was not booked in for the first night. They did book me into the Kyte (please see my other review) at my own expense and offered me an early check-in so I could still get ready for the wedding.
When I arrived with my husband and two children for our early check-in I was told the room wasn't ready. It still wasn't ready half an hour before the wedding! We weren't even offered a complimentary drink at the bar. Not even an apology. I had to ask to use another wedding guest's room. When we did gain access to our room, it was made up for two; not four. Another trip to reception...again no apology or attempt to recompense. Poor. I refused to allow this to ruin my brother's wedding for me (despite having already shed tears) and I resolved to explain my dissatisfaction at check-out. So, after a really lovely breakfast the following morning, I went to check out. The receptionist didn't even get eye contact with me. She shoved my bill in front of me and answered an external call! She did not ask me if I enjoyed my stay (my cue to explain), nor did she apologise for their list of mistakes. Had the Kings Croft made any attempt to put things right for me, I would not be complaining in this forum. Shame on them.
*please note the burnt egg in my profile picture is not from this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms seem comparable.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pontefract
Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Leeds East
Oulton Hall & Spa
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton

Been to King's Croft Hotel? Share your experiences!