Review Highlights
Great day out

Visited with a group of friends for a surprise birthday get together and we all had a thoroughly... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
jeeves72
Lancashire
via mobile
Great experience for all the family!

Went today for a two hour session on the pottery wheel with my husband and 8 year old son and... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Mandy L
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom

All reviews potters wheel great teacher little gem afternoon tea pottery rachel pots skills paint talented masterpiece fab birthday ladies
Reviewed 21 August 2018

My brother and I took our Mum for a potter's wheel experience last year, and she enjoyed it so much that we decided to do it again this year! Our first time had been fantastic, and so we knew what to expect - but this time it was even better. I won't say that our skills learned from the first time kicked in, but certainly our results were just that little more refined and pleasing. Probably mainly down to Rachel's patience and skill - which is boundless - but we came away really pleased with the experience, and now looking forward to seeing the final fired items in a couple of week's time. Can recommend highly enough for a slightly different way to spend an afternoon.

Date of experience: August 2018
Rachel B, Owner at Fired Art Designs, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

It was a pleasure to have you back and your things are in the kiln as I type. I look forward to planing another event for you both and your lovely mum Rachel

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Had a BRILLIANT morning with the super talented Rachel Byass...our first go on a potter’s wheel. We were tutored & guided every step of the way. Rachel has lots of stories to tell whilst patiently directing you to create a mini masterpiece - she makes sure any errors are repaired swiftly to ensure a lovely piece can be achieved. We didn’t have a romantic “Ghost” moment but we did have a great time. Would highly recommend.

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank SuzyDunning
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We had a brilliant evening trying the potters wheel and painting ready made pots. With a glorious afternoon tea and much laughter, Rachel made us seven 'older' golfing ladies very, very welcome. We're looking forward to another visit later in the year.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Jellybohne
Rachel B, Owner at Fired Art Designs, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you your pots you made on the wheel went in last night so it will all be ready tomorrow Rachel

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Had a fantastic afternoon which we'd arranged for my Mum's birthday as something she could do together with myself and my brother as a bit of fun. I hoped it would be good, but it certainly exceeded my expectations! Rachel is not only a talented potter, but also very experienced at getting the most out of a total beginner, and is particularly adept at salvaging a result from any disaster along the way! We all came away with three really quite reasonable pots - and it didn't look that promising at some points during the afternoon! In the end we had a great time, and learned something too. I really can't recommend this highly enough!

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank gnd0001
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Had a great different outing with friends. Had a go on the potters wheel, Rachel was a great teacher and very patient, would recommend.

Date of experience: October 2017