“Poor Service Ruined Meal” 1 of 5 bubbles

Brewers Fayre Gordano Gate
Ranked #30 of 42 Restaurants in Portishead
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
UK
“Poor Service Ruined Meal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

I think 2 hours in what essentially is a fast food restaurant is poor service. No real organisation, no areas of control, staff not really knowing who ordered what. All in all a non repeatable experience

Visited November 2013

Southampton
“Premier Inn breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Welcoming, clean with very good staff and fresh breakfast. A large choice of fruit would have improved it, but no other quibbles. Just as expected.

Visited October 2013
Brecon, United Kingdom
“Disappointing for a Brewers Fayre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed in the Premier Inn next door for one night and I was pleased to see a Brewers Fayre next door as I had recently had a lovely, high standard meal at a Brewers Fayre in the centre of Bristol. We got there at around 11.45am to be told that they did not take orders for food till 12 so we took a seat with our drinks to wait. 2 minutes later another group came through the door and their orders were taken immediately! By the time I got to the front of the queue about 4 groups had ordered in front of me which meant we had to wait longer for our food. We had been waiting around 25 mins when the waiter went over to a couple nearby (the couple who were just in front of me in the queue to order) expressing regret that they'd been waiting so long for their food, he'd go chase it up. He seemed very concerned about that certain couple but didn't spare is a second glance even though we'd waited just as long. Food finally arrived and we were all very disappointed. The portions were small and nowhere near as nice as previous Brewera Fayres I have eaten in. My chicken was tough and over cooked and I had to remind the waiter that it does say that the smothered chicken came with coleslaw. My partners teenage brother had the Ham egg beans and chips and to be honest it wasn't much more than a child's portion. Very very disappointed with this place. I think they're taking advantage of the people staying in the hotel next door.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Oxfordshire
“Disappointing meal at this "works canteen" of a place.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were in the area at the weekend and decided to eat at this restaurant on Sunday evening. On arrival we waited at the notice asking people to wait at that point to be seated. And we waited and waited and waited. Staff passed by ignoring us merrily as they went until I asked someone if there was a problem. At that point the staff member asked whether we had booked a table. When I said that we had not, he said "Oh well just take a seat anywhere". So why did we have to wait at the sign I wonder? Why not move the sign if it doesn't mean anything.

We sat at the table and chose what we wanted, then ordered it from the bar. As we were opting for the carvery option we received the two tickets to take the the person carving. Handing over the tickets, he carved the three very thin slices of meat onto the plates which were cold. The meat was cold and the (hot) vegetables were cold too so we left them and had the meat cold with the salad from the salad bar. If we had wanted a hot Sunday Roast it would not have been possible as the food was all cold. I tried a bread roll but it was rock solid and a waste of the butter portion really. We did not try the soup which may have been hot.

Altogether a thoroughly disappointing experience and we won't come back. It's a pity- and the place was busy so I can only assume that folk in the area don't mind eating cold food, but it's not for me.

• Visited September 2013
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Avoid at all cost”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We had evening meal here, while on a short break in the area.I chose two meals from the menu, only to be told none of them were available as they were in the midst of changing menus. considering the overall cost of the meals, the quality is very poor.It was the first time we had eaten at a brewers fayre and it will be the last.

• Visited September 2013