“warm welcome”
Review of Gotha Villa B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portishead
Gotha Villa B&B
Ranked #3 of 3 Portishead B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“warm welcome”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Firstly I love old houses, the proprietor Elizabeth told me that Gotha Villa dates back to the 1830's. Elizabeth is sympathetically restoring the house and there are plenty of original features with a lot of rustic charm.

During my visit I found Elizabeth to be very warm and courteous and could not do enough to ensure my stay was enjoyable.

Having viewed both bedrooms I chose the one on the first floor, the other bedroom is situated on the second floor which is served by a bathroom whilst the other is served by a shower room both have toilet and wash-hand basin, in my opinion both rooms are light and airy and has uninterrupted views out across the Bristol channel to the Welsh hills beyond. The bed I had was firm but comfortable.

Breakfast is served in the front lounge (great views from the large windows) when there are only one or two guests staying and for multiple guests they are served in the room to the rear of the building where there is a much larger table; there is plenty of choice for breakfast and when I asked for rooibos tea Elizabeth produced it for me.

Obviously reviews of this kind are subjective and different people will have different expectations but I feel that this B&B offers good value for money, a very enjoyable short stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Stopped here whilst working in the area, great location for the town of portishead and surrounding areas. A nice home wth wonderful views from the front, Very friendly but new to running a guest house which showed slightly, but we all have to start somewhere and the owner i thought was moving in the right direction with her plans. Thank you

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I have never written a review before but after seeing one here complaining I felt I should. I stayed here last week and found it to be a very welcoming, comfortable night. Elizabeth was very friendly and wanted to mke my stay enjoyable. The room was lovely with a comfortable, clean bed and breakfast was great. Even the dog was friendly! What more could you ask for? I'm hoping to stay there again soon.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Fantastic views, but unfortunately everything else let it down. Beds are awful, very hard. Pillows were dirty under pillow cases. no tea and coffee making facilities, although Elizabeth did give us a pot of tea. Breakfast was awful, weetabix we were given were stale, and egg and bacon dripped in grease, toast was buttered for us very thickly. When we tried to talk to proprietor about our complaints she was very defensive. Would not recommend or go there again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shirley t
, Owner at Gotha Villa B&B, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
This response is unlike that of any of the previous visitors to Gotha Villa.
( Evidence Guest Book on arrival) The long list of negative comments
are creatively fictitious. Elizabeth
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 December 2011

A lovely, friendly place to stay. Elizabeth is a wonderful landlady - nothing is too much for her.
Great dog and lovely breakfasts

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portishead
Premier Inn Portishead Hotel
#1 of 1 in Walton-in-Gordano
The Battleaxes
The Battleaxes
#1 of 1 in Wraxall

Been to Gotha Villa B&B? Share your experiences!