“Great place to stay in Portishead”
Review of Gotha Villa B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portishead
Gotha Villa B&B
Ranked #3 of 3 Portishead B&B and Inns
Island of Malta, Malta
“Great place to stay in Portishead”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

The Villa might seem slightly run down at first glance but once you walk in and are greeted by the very friendly owner you get a different perspective. The room was full of character and the views of the sea and marina are fantastic. The B&B is located just a few minutes away from the village core as well as the modern marina.

PS - the B&B has no signs on the outside so it is difficult to find.

Room Tip: The double room with the view is fantastic. Unfortunately the room wasn't en suite however.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Stayed at Gotha Villa for 4 nights when i was on a course in Portishead - what a delight! beautiful house in stunning location, with views to die for. such a personalised and helpful service throughout. Delicious breakfasts everyday (really were fantastic), super comfortable room, and such a nice host. Elizabeth couldnt have made me feel any more relaxed and comfortable throughout my stay. It really was fantastic and i would reccomend for anyone who likes good service, high level of satisfaction with a welcoming feel for very good value.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Gotha Villa for quite a few weeks, and was treated like family by Elizabeth and I do miss Bramble (Bonnie Lad ) Would recommend to anyone looking to stay in Portishead

Room Tip: all rooms have great views
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Thank you is the best title title I could think of. My short stay at Gotha Villa was very pleasant, I was made extremly welcome, ( very spoilt with my coffee, my very own jar !). From the moment I arrived and met Elizabeth and Bramble ensured I was comfortable. My room at the very top at the back looked out over the garden was peaceful, the bed was comfy, a double all to myself and the room had everything I needed.

Room Tip: The front of the building has wonderful views across to Wales but the peaceful views from the back i...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Adrian C
London
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stopped at Gotha Villa on a walking tour of the Severn estuary. We were surprised by the gorgeous views from the bedroom we stayed in. When we checked into our bedroom, the sun was setting over the Bristol Channel and the room was bathed in golden light!

After having stayed in several overly-stuffy B&Bs along the way, we found the relaxed atmosphere and the characterful house a pleasant change, as well. Being vegetarian, we were also pleased to find a full vegetarian cooked breakfast was available.

Nice dog, too!

Room Tip: Go for the 'sea view' room. Great views out to Wales.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Firstly I love old houses, the proprietor Elizabeth told me that Gotha Villa dates back to the 1830's. Elizabeth is sympathetically restoring the house and there are plenty of original features with a lot of rustic charm.

During my visit I found Elizabeth to be very warm and courteous and could not do enough to ensure my stay was enjoyable.

Having viewed both bedrooms I chose the one on the first floor, the other bedroom is situated on the second floor which is served by a bathroom whilst the other is served by a shower room both have toilet and wash-hand basin, in my opinion both rooms are light and airy and has uninterrupted views out across the Bristol channel to the Welsh hills beyond. The bed I had was firm but comfortable.

Breakfast is served in the front lounge (great views from the large windows) when there are only one or two guests staying and for multiple guests they are served in the room to the rear of the building where there is a much larger table; there is plenty of choice for breakfast and when I asked for rooibos tea Elizabeth produced it for me.

Obviously reviews of this kind are subjective and different people will have different expectations but I feel that this B&B offers good value for money, a very enjoyable short stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Stopped here whilst working in the area, great location for the town of portishead and surrounding areas. A nice home wth wonderful views from the front, Very friendly but new to running a guest house which showed slightly, but we all have to start somewhere and the owner i thought was moving in the right direction with her plans. Thank you

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portishead
Travelodge Portishead
Best Western Henbury Lodge Hotel
Taggart House Bed & Breakfast
Taggart House Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 1 in Walton-in-Gordano

Been to Gotha Villa B&B? Share your experiences!