“Shipping container novelty”
Review of Hall & Woodhouse

Hall & Woodhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Hall & Woodhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 45 Restaurants in Portishead
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A new pub made up of shipping containers, then filled up with tatty second hand furniture, that's seen better days.? The drinks are abysmal, and do not sell much of their own branded products unless in a bottle. I tried one of their own beers on draft, and regretted it. The food is not what I would eat, and from what I have heard from people who have, "Don't bother" was the main theme. There is little or no parking also. It's been shoe horned in on the marina and, looks like it.

There are newer reviews for Hall & Woodhouse

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Ok it's nice to look out over the Marina (even though it was a rainy day) but I was not impressed by the quality of the food. The Homity pie was absolutely tasteless and I could not finish it. , the accompanying cabbage stone cold. The minuscule one scoop of ice cream had ice crystals all through it. I could not complain at the time as it was a celebration meal and would not have been polite to do so. A very expensive , for what you get, eatery. Would not spend my money there again.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The restaurant is in a great location on Portishead Marina. It has an interesting decor theme of warehouse/unfinished style incorporating clever use of shipping containers resting at various levels. On entering you arrive at a large bar with a great selection of premium beers, wines and spirits as you would expect from this style of restaurant.

The staff are young, energetic and friendly providing a good efficient service. It is difficult therefore to fault the experience but unfortunately the food did not come up to scratch.

Dining as a couple we found both main courses to be bland, the steak was overdone even though we were asked how we liked it cooked. The Butternut squash burger sounded tempting but turned out to be very dry and served in a pappy white bun that fell apart. The dryness of the burger would have been helped along by the `seasonal slaw` but I realised once we were represented with the menus to choose desert, that it never actually came with the main as advertised.
The deserts were very nice, we had the mini portions kind of like a `desert tapas`. Overall we rated the restaurant as average, with many others in the area, I think we would be unlikely to return on our next visit to Portishead.

1  Thank Bob K
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Beer good, food just ok, staff seem overworked and not great.
It's in a good position, it's trendy, it's big but in all honesty it's a bit boring.
Food is acceptable but expensive for what it is.
Ok now and again

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful food. Stopped by on a visit to the town. Can't wait to return we were Very impressed and my other half is a chef! The loos are very quirky! ! :D