“Lovely food, great service”
Review of Aqua

Aqua
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Portishead
Cuisines: Italian, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Visited with friends on a busy Saturday night. Really warm welcome from staff who showed us to our table. The restaurant is in a great spot, the decor is lovely and the views and the ambience are perfect. The food arrived quickly and was well presented and tasted great. There was not a big gap between courses either as the service was attentive. My only minor criticism would be to offer a sharper knife when you've ordered steak! The chips however were amazing and I recommend the lemon cheesecake! Would recommend Aqua to others and will most definitely be back, thank you.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

What a restaurant. Amazing staff, wide selection of fantastic food, aperatifs, cocktails, wine basically anything you could ask for in a quality dinner and caters for all. Special hats off to nico and Toby who looked after us no end. Will most definitely return.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

First visit for lunch with friends. All had special 2 course lunch. Unanimous thumbs up on all fronts, we will certainly be back very soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Lovely surprise meal out in this Aqua. I had forgotten this location now open and thought our driver was going the long way round to Bristol! We had just missed the early bird menu which I do think should run all night early in the week. We shared a starter of pulled duck...delicious. I enjoyed my pasta dish main but too much pasta, the sea bass main was superb. Very good service and half full on a Monday, which is very impressive, so plenty of atmosphere. Good view of the marina but not sure I would want to eat outside as looking towards Waitrose car park. Will be back to try a lunchtime and early evening menu.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Used this place for lunch on a couple of occasions and it's been fine. Went on Friday evening for a birthday meal and it is definitely not suitable for a romantic evening.
I think the problem is that it has a bar and people use it before going out on the 'lash'. Had to ask to turn the music down as it was way too loud for a restaurant setting.
The food was okay, not bad not special.
The service was so efficient that we felt rushed, almost like dining in a London restaurant where you have a set time to eat your meal, in fact our starters arrived before we had finished our small plate of cheese and salami which we had ordered as an intro, thinking we may have to wait some time, as we were already hungry.
Tables seem much too close together, and you needed to talk in raised voices to hear each other over other people,s conversations and the noise coming from the staff clattering the cutlery around by the kitchen.
Not as enjoyable as I had hoped.