“Just the Ticket”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Redhill
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Just the Ticket”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

We stayed at the Plush Hotel in June and August prior to early flights from Bristol Airport. It is perfect for this.

Both stays were excellent and good value for money which included a complimentary drink which is an excellent touch.

For our stay in August we were upgraded at no cost into a much larger room than the one we booked. The staff are very friendly and accommodating and our evening meal was also good. The Hotel is very clean and has all mod cons.

We have tried a few others in the area over the last few years - some are more expensive and others cheaper. However, Plush offers the best value for money and convenience for the airport.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
SharonPlush, Manager at Redhill House, responded to this review, 28 October 2012
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Warm regards
Sharon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

This hotel is good for an overnight stay. However, with the name Plush we were expecting a little better. On the positive side tHe room we had was spacious, clean and comfortable. We also had an evening meal which was very nice and good value for money. The hotel gardens are very pleasant with far reaching views over the countryside. On the negative side, the hotel is situated on a very busy road and as such there is a lot of noise from passing traffic. The decor in the corridors and communal errors is unusual. Definitely a lack of coordination with the colours. The carpet in the corridor areas appears to have faded badly at the edges which gives a poor impression. Breakfast is a continental style and is adequate but certainly nothing special. I feel the price of £99 for the room is a little on the expensive side. In summary, I think the hotel is fine for a one night overnight stay, but I think there is some room for improvement if the hotel is going to live up to it's name.

Room Tip: Request one of the rooms at the back of the hotel which may be a little less noisier than the front.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your valuable comments. I agree that that our carpets are looking tired and that some changes need to be made in the communal areas. Prior to you writing this review we were in the process of getting quotes to change the carpets. We have already booked a company and our carpets will be replaced in November. We will continue to improve the areas that need work, and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed at The Plush Hotel for just one night prior to flying from Bristol airport.

The hotel was easy to find and just a few minutes from the airport. We chose room 6 and it was a beautiful spacious and comfortable room. We are very sensitive to noise as we live in an extremely quiet area and room 6 faces the nearby main road, this didn't bother us much but next time we stay (and we will definately use the Plush again!) we would ask for a back room.

We ate at the hotel and had a pleasant meal. We were a little dissapointed with the lounge area as there was only one sofa and a small chair to sit on, so had more guests wished to use it for a pre-dinner drinks there would have been nowhere for them to sit. As it was, it was fine for us and we were pleasantly surprised by being offered a free first drink; a nice welcoming touch!

The hotel is beautifully decorated and furnished, with each room being individual, a far cry from bland chain hotels.

The car parking arrangements are excellent and seem to be secure. All in all we were very pleased with our choice and enjoyed our one night stay in this interesting old boutique hotel; a good choice for a start to a holiday or good base for a stay in this area.

Room Tip: For absolute quiet choose a back room
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
SharonPlush, Manager at Redhill House, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree with your comments about the lounge, we are in the process of making changes to that area. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Newquay
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed at the Plush Hotel for just one night as we had an early departure from Bristol Airport. I let my husband book this part of our holiday, not convinced this was the right decision! When we arrived at the hotel we followed the directions to the car park which was large with plenty of spaces. Unfortunately we had to negotiate a large number of steps with our suitcases down to the hotel. The main entrance to the hotel was locked when we attempted to enter so we had to knock on the door which was opened by a young lady clutching a small child in her arms. She then proceeded to complete our paper work one handed, eventually putting the child into a baby walker.

We had requested a room away from the road as we had read reviews about the noise of the traffic outside, but we were allocated a room overlooking the A38. We decided not to make a fuss as it was only for one night. We then asked to look at the dinner menu, unfortunately it was very basic and not to our liking so we decided to eat out.

The shower was not a power shower so it took forever for me to wash and condition my hair and I didn't sleep well at all as throughout the night there was a constant trickle of vehicles travelling along the A38.

On the plus side, our room was lovely and the internet was easy to log into and worked well. The standard of cleanliness was extremely good and the hotel's location to Bristol Airport is brilliant, but I'm sorry to say that I will not be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the A38 are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

What a great hotel! It has an excellent proximity to Bristol airport and has the charm, character and friendliness of a B&B.

I arrived at midnight tired and worn out after a day of travelling and flying. I was greeted warmly by a very nice guy on reception who helped me with my bags and arranged everything for me for the next day in terms of breakfast, wake up calls, etc. He made an effort to ask about what I had been doing on my travels and just making pleasant conversation.

The room was huge and luxouriant with vibrant colours and unique furnishings. The bathroom had everything I needed for my stay and there was a well stocked tea and coffee tray. The bed was large and very comfortable, I had a great nights sleep. The shower in the morning was powerful and got hot immediately. You get a lot of toiletries including moisturisers, and the towels were really soft. They also provided a powerful hair dryer.

The breakfast room was light and pretty, and there was a really good buffet laid out with meat, cheese, yoghurt, bread, crumpets, bagels, loads of different spreads including marmite, jam, nutella, peanut butter, as well as cereal and fruit. There was also fruit juice, coffee and tea in good supply. I was well attended by the guy on reception in terms of service. Again he was very friendly and chatty.

On my way back to the car park I had a peek in the swimming pool building. It looked clean and well cared for. The gardens are also lovely.

The car park is secure and the gate is kept shut - you just ask reception through the intercom to be let in and there is a button you press to be let out.

The only bad point about this hotel is the number of steps. I don't think anyone with mobility issues could easily stay here which is a shame. For instance the 'ramp' still has small steps, and there are more steps to get into the building, into your room and I even had some to get down into my bathroom. It was fine for me but I don't know what provision is available for wheelchair users or people who struggle with steps. Perhaps there are ground floor rooms or a lift that I didn't see - it would be worth checking if it could be an issue.

I would absolutely stay here again, and even though I hate Bristol airport I would be more likely to fly to/from there if I got to stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff took good care of you.
We do have 3 large ground floor rooms which we recommend for our elderly or disabled guests. There is an area in the front of the hotel that they can park, if the steps are an issue.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

Lovely hotel just off the A38 extremely close to Bristol Airport but greatly superior to the other hotels and B&Bs in the area. Very clean, tidy, beautifully decorated, welcoming and extremely comfortable beds. Despite the road noise from the A38 a good nights sleep was had. Only minor down point was only a continental breakfast being included and that we did not have enough time to play in the indoor pool and whirlpool which looked very well kept. Throughly recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your positive feedback, it means so much to us!!!
We hope to welcome you back in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

we have stayed here twice, before flying from Bristol ....this is the dog's .......... if you want to spoil your Lady this is the Hotel you are lookin for.Fantastice gardens, rooms beds 100% faultless.

Our last visit we had our daughter with us the hotel provided a second bed at only £15.00 . Has safe car park,nice swimming pool. Our bath was almost big enough to swim in.

Pity next holiday is from Gatwick !!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
SharonPlush, Manager at Redhill House, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards
Sharon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redhill
Holiday Inn Bristol Airport
Hampton by Hilton Bristol Airport
Winford Manor
Winford Manor
#1 of 1 in Winford
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House
Lyncombe Lodge Hotel & Restaurant
Hillcroft Accommodation Bristol Airport

Been to Redhill House? Share your experiences!